Subthump Milhouse Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subthump Milhouse Box

I currently have a 10" Bazooka Bass Tube with a Kenwood amp putting out 200 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms (can do 400 watts @ 2 ohms). I love the way the Bazooka sounds, but I really like the looks of the Milhouse box with the "Screaming Chicken" logo. Thinking about using either one 12" woofer or two 10" woofers, I have several questions regarding the box:

1. What is the sound difference when the woofer is exposed (flap up) or in the t-top well (flap down)?
    2. What brand sub should I consider (looking towards Kenwood unless others reply with different suggestions)?
    3. Does the box only come in sealed versions or are there ported versions too (since I mostly listen to rap and rock music)?
    4. If they only come sealed, what type of output can I expect (I like boomy bass from rap songs)?

I wouldn't mind a little more bass, I just wouldn't want it to be less than what I currently have.

Thanks for the input.

im currently using this box and have nothing bad to say about it. sounds great with rock and rap music.

http://home.comcast.net/~ckarolczak/ta%20001.jpg
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Red,

I checked out your website, and it looked like you have the t-top box from subthump. The one I was talking about is on this page: http://www.subthump.com/acamaromilhouse.htm

Unless you switched to this type of box afterwards?

Comment

Has anyone else used the Milhouse box and can answer my questions? I am thinking about this box, but since there is no money back guarantee, I am hesitant, as I do not want to be disappointed in the box. Mostly concerned of how it sounds when the woofer is in the well compared to how it sounds when the woofer is flipped up and facing the glass.

Bottom line, I like my 10" Bazooka, it sounds great. I would also like to keep my amp. Will the Milhouse Box with a 12" sound deeper and louder (or at least as good as a Bazooka)? Thanks.

Comment

I would go with a box inside the t-top well. The bass will resonate alot more in there as opposed to the location of the "milhouse" box. With the rosonating more you won't need as much power/speaker surface area as you would with the Milhouse box. I, personally, had the Infinity Basslink powered sub in the t-top well of my firebird and that thing pounded. Its an active 10" woofer with a passive 10" radiator with a 200W class D sub amp. I was very impressed with the sound and the punch. I listen to alot of hard rock/punk, techno, some rap, and some country and that thing handled it all very well. It even handled classical the one time I listened to it (my dad was in the car ). Otherwise, JL make a "stealthbox" that goes inside that little nook on the drivers side of the car. You would need to by a seperate amp but the sound from that was equally as impressive. Its just that the Infiinty cost $300 and the JL speaker/box and amp was close to $700.

All in all, the Infinity Basslink was the best Boom for the buck...

Hope that helps...

Frank
          86 Firebird, Just a lowly 6 banger, sold
          Plans for an '02 WS6 are in the mix for 2008 (after I'm out of the army)

Comment

running an infinity basslink too...but mine is right on the rear deck...I used to use a RF 10" in the well for a good year, but decided to run the basslink cuz
            I wanted the use of my t-top holders.

I still use the flap too...when I carry my tops, I pop it off and stick in the well. Works perfect...

Basslink...my best buy. Clean and strong...I don't like that crazy, "hear you from a mile away" bass...I like my stuff clean. Basslink...can't beat it.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Let me explain how my bazooka is installed.

The 10" bazooka is strapped to the flap in the back. Sounds better when flipped down in the well, still serves a purpose when flipped up to make room for t-tops. I am using an external amp, a Kenwood 200watt RMS at 4 ohm, (400 watt RMS at 2 ohm).

I'm jsut trying to get some sort of comparison between my 10" bazooka and a Milhouse Box with 12" subwoofer. I like the way my bazooka sounds, if the Milhouse with 12" woofer sounds louder and deeper, that's fine. I just wouldn't want the bass to be less if I go with the milhouse.

Thanks.

Comment

dern... i thought this was a rap song in here or summin.............

well...........

i got a furrdump toenail box with 3 sub wolfers and 5 tweeties, 4 mid bufflalos and a ninja drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(dukin(

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Well, I really like the looks of the Milhouse box, and I don't want to lose the space that holds the t-tops. I don't need bass that overpowers the music to the point you hear no music and just bass.

It's a tough decision since I can't just simply return the milhouse box it if I don't like it. If the 12" milhouse can sound at least as loud as the 10" bazooka tube, I'll be happy. If it sounds louder, I'll be even happier.

Comment

Would someone at Subthump.com be able to answer my questions that I have? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X