Finally have my car done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally have my car done

My firebird has been nothing but a headache all year. I installed LT headers this fall and ended up pulling off the heads because I found a broken off manifold bolt in the drivers side head. About 200 miles after that I got a horrible stutter and had to order a new opti. I installed the opti wrong and snugged it down and ended up destroying a $350 part. I'm in school and money is tight so I opted to just park it for the winter since I wouldn't be driving much anyways. I figured I'd get it running before it got nice out and also had a new dash to install. Spring break started for me last wednesday and I started tearing into her I put all new seals in the timing cover as well as a new timing cover seal, new opti, and put in a new dash. After cut nuckles some words that aren't allowed on this board lol and a lot of coors light I flipped the key tonight at 10:41 and she fired up and purred like a really loud kitten lol. Tommorow I'll be adding coolant changing the oil after it idles for a little and finishing up a little wiring inside but it sure feels good to have my baby back .
    I also want to say thanks to everyone on this board who helped me out with all my questions and joe for the trick on how to get the W.P. driveshaft seal on by using a piece of cut 2 liter soda bottle I did that tonight and it worked wonders.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.
Working...
X