Embarassing Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarassing Night

So I finally got my engine broken in and I thought I'd go for a cruise through town and see if I could find an unsuspecting mustang or something. Lucky me, while sitting at a red light, I look in my rearview and see a hood scoop belonging to a 99 SS camaro. So I figured what the heck, the light turned green and I took of a little faster so he could get next to me. We went at it from about a 40mph role and to my surprise we stayed next to each other till about 85. Here comes the embarrasing part. Once again I look in my rear view and I see some neon headlights and a shiny front mount reflecting from the surrounding lights. Ya he whipped my butt pretty bad. So I keep up with a SS camaro(automatic) and get a hole stomped in me by a neon, what a night.
    1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

no shame in losing to that car. That is a fast car man. Doesn't take much to make a lot of power with any car that is turbo'd from the factory.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
      So I finally got my engine broken in and I thought I'd go for a cruise through town and see if I could find an unsuspecting mustang or something. Lucky me, while sitting at a red light, I look in my rearview and see a hood scoop belonging to a 99 SS camaro. So I figured what the heck, the light turned green and I took of a little faster so he could get next to me. We went at it from about a 40mph role and to my surprise we stayed next to each other till about 85. Here comes the embarrasing part. Once again I look in my rear view and I see some neon headlights and a shiny front mount reflecting from the surrounding lights. Ya he whipped my butt pretty bad. So I keep up with a SS camaro(automatic) and get a hole stomped in me by a neon, what a night.
      so what are your mods that help you keep up with a 99 ls1 SS? just curious.

that neon had to be running extra boost and or nos

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

All it is, is an L98 bored 40 over, K&N air filter, screen out of the mass airflow sesnsor, no catalytic converters, no smog pump, open headers, shift kit in the tranny, and thats about it, basically only the free stuff. I think the only reason it was even close was becasue it was an automatic. My friend john has an Ls1 with the T56 6 speed and its not even close.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          so what are your mods that help you keep up with a 99 ls1 SS? just curious.

that neon had to be running extra boost and or nos
          Not necessarily....
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I'm pretty sure wolfman is right on that one. I haven't heard of a stock SRT-4 taking down any stock LS1. I also know that I've gone up against an SRT-4 that was stock....went from a light....never did he even get close to passing me, and it's not like my car is crazily modded or anything, just simple bolt ons. I would think that an SRT would need to up the boost to keep up with an LS1.

Just my $.02
            black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

There are a few SRT4's in town here. I ran a stock one before my engine swap and the other things I did and we stayed right next to each other till about 110, then he started pulling me(damn over drive). There is a local race company here called Dynamic Racing(They have a web page if you wanna check it out, it's pretty cool) and they have a couple that they've modded. They pretty impressive actually if you have the money. They were running 13.5's at 4000 ft. above sea level. I know that the have a few mods like a chip, blow off valve, propane injected, and intake/exaust work. The LS1 camaros only run between 13.8 and 14.2 at this altitude.

Comment

You gotta love turbo power
                1996 Z28

2000 C5

1995 Eagle Talon Tsi

1994 Suburban 1500

Comment

Odd, I eat those SRT-4's for lunch and [EDIT] Mustangs.......

Something don't seem to add up here.

I made the mistake of trying to race a LS1 Z28 yesterday, turned out to a Virginia State Trooper Camaro when he got next to me, man did I slid into the seat.

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Family-rated board - skip the 4-letter words.
                  Michael Key
                  Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Well I think the one I raced might constipate you.

Comment

Originally posted by L98TA
                      Well I think the one I raced might constipate you.
                      Doubtful, I've raced one with a Stage II kit.
                      Michael Key
                      Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

What is a Stage II Kit? Some kind of Gran Turismo 4 upgrade? hehe

Lets not too pride ourselves, 0-60 on that Srt10 would slap my 93 TA around all day, if not the 1/4 mile. (sight)
                        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Those cars stock can only run low 14's maybe high 13's if someone doesnt spool the turbo up to much and spin at the line for 10 yards!

From a roll there pretty fast but beating an ls1 from a roll till 100mph(now ive never drivin that fast ) is pretty hard to swallow.

Im not a smart a man but I know what an ls1 is.

Sorry that was stupid

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
                          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Low 14's high 13's is what an Ls1 runs stock at 4000+ ft above sea leavel. And thats with a manual tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                              Those cars stock can only run low 14's maybe high 13's if someone doesnt spool the turbo up to much and spin at the line for 10 yards!
                              Really? I heard those things were great. I read they have absolutely 0 lag and 0 wheel spin off the line. I'll be honest, they kind of intimidate me. Even if it's turbo, i don't wanna lose to a Neon.
                              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                              SOLD- Kinda miss it
                              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                              SOLD- Good riddance!
                              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                              X