Indebt Once again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indebt Once again

Just went into the poor house with my purchases of MOBs. I just purchase a set of Trickflow heads, Compcam 218 / 224, Trickflow rocker arms 1.6 / 1.5, GM Timing Chain, Eaton Posi, 3.73 Richmond gears, BBK 58mm, NOS Dry Kit 150 shot, K&N cold air intake system, AEI fuel reg, accel 24 lbs injectors, MSD box 2 adj, TCI Troque Converter 3000, MSD wirers and Hooker Comp Headers. So my worry is how well all of this will work together. Can any body help me on what kind of number I should produce?

What are you driving??

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

WHat do you mean? What car I'm driving or the car I'm buying all the parts for. I'm driving a 1990 cad sedan and I'm building a 1995 Z28.

Comment

I'm not too sure on the numbers you would be producing, but a quick thought....did you get different spark plugs also to compliment your nitrous system?
        black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by Ponyrider
          WHat do you mean? What car I'm driving or the car I'm buying all the parts for. I'm driving a 1990 cad sedan and I'm building a 1995 Z28.
          well.. you didnt mention the car the parts were for, dude...............

legitimate question in my book........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponyrider
            Just went into the poor house with my purchases of MOBs. I just purchase a set of Trickflow heads, Compcam 218 / 224, Trickflow rocker arms 1.6 / 1.5, GM Timing Chain, Eaton Posi, 3.73 Richmond gears, BBK 58mm, NOS Dry Kit 150 shot, K&N cold air intake system, AEI fuel reg, accel 24 lbs injectors, MSD box 2 adj, TCI Troque Converter 3000, MSD wirers and Hooker Comp Headers. So my worry is how well all of this will work together. Can any body help me on what kind of number I should produce?
            poor house, but it will be worth it

Sounds good, I would expect around 500 on juice. I wouldn't have gone with trickflow. I heard you're better porting the stockers. That's gonna be a mean ride though
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

24 lb injectors and 58 mm throttle body are the oddballs IMHO. a 58mm throttle body should be used if making well over 500 hp, and 24 lb injectors are good for 400 fwhp, at the very most.
              But whatever the case, I can't wait to see the results
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I agree with Craig, Why in the world would you spend money on Accel 24lb injectors? Aren't your GM ones better than that?

Comment

Why didn't you just buy a supercharger?
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

I didn't buy a supercharger yet, but it's on the list for next round of purchase. I did go with the 58mm so I wouldn't have to purchase it later. I was told that the accel 24lbs were better to use than the stock 19lbs. If they are not what I need than what would be the ones to use.

Comment

stock on an LT1 is 24 #, 19# is a 305 TPI motor

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
                      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
                      6.2L/382.97 ci
                      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
                      WCT-5 speed
                      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
                      Boss MS 18" Rims
                      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
                      Custom Dual exhaust
                      1LE upgrade
                      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
                      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I'm using autolite spark plug I believe they are 2 degrees colder than stock. The other question I have is the stock block. Will my stock block hold the power I'm going to produce? Or should I do a short block also. What else could I do with short cash?

Comment

Trickflow heads - Did you intentionally select heads that will lower your compression ratio? If so, why... are you planning for the future S/C and willing to give up current NA power?

Compcam 218 / 224 - Sort of mild. Did you get a 114LSA to optimize the nitrous use?

Trickflow rocker arms 1.6 / 1.5 - Are the Trick FLows self-aligning or non-self-aligning? Do you mean you opted for 1.5X on the exhaust side? Why? Nitrous (and your future S/C) need "big" exhaust. Why not use 1.6X on I & E?

GM Timing Chain - Which one.... stock, LT4, LT4 Extreme Duty

Eaton Posi, 3.73 Richmond gears - Was there something wrong with your stock posi? If spending this much money, might want to consider the jump to a 12-bolt. Did you order the install kit? Aluminum cover with pre-load bolts?

BBK 58mm - 52mm would be fine. You have to have your LT1 intake bored out for a 58mm TB

NOS Dry Kit 150 shot - OK

K&N cold air intake system - OK

AEI fuel reg - Why? Your NOS dry kit bumps the fuel pressure up when you spray. You do not need an AFPR with it, and some of them will actually interfere with the NOS method of raising the fuel pressure. An AFPR will do nothing for you, unless you need large injectors running NA and want to avoid buying new ones. Is "AEI" Aeromotive? If so, I have seen repeated failures of these AFPRs.

accel 24 lbs injectors - He needs a pintle style injector to use with the NOS dry kit. The stock injectors do not like the very high fuel pressure the NOS kit requires when it sprays. I think 30's would have been a better choice, though.

MSD box 2 adj - Which MSD is that? As a minimum, you need the MSD-6AL for the rev limiter. The Digital 6 incorporates more features for running nitours.

TCI Troque Converter 3000 - OK

MSD wirers - Good wires, but gonna be a little difficult gettging the 8.5mm wires in the looms on the front of the engine, and through the hole under the PS pump.

Hooker Comp Headers - Did you add the required front O2 sensors, which Hooker does not normally include? What Y-pipe?
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

No I didn't intented to lower my compression. But I was give a choice between edelbrock or Trickflow. I wanted AFR heads. The cam was chosen by my Ford friend and it has 112LSA. Also summit people said it would work.
                            Also Trickflow required the use of their rocker arms which are 1.6 / 1.5. The Timing chain is extreme duty. There's nothing wrong with my gears and they are 3.42. The AEI fuel reg was suggested I should have it for the purpose my engine would require more fuel when not using NOS. The are Super Comp headers and the Y-pipe is SW - stwca937hka for use with hooker long tube header. I have not install anything. What changes should I make and what should I add.

Comment

***No I didn't intented to lower my compression. But I was give a choice between edelbrock or Trickflow. I wanted AFR heads.***

Did you consider porting your stock LT1 heads? Why didn't you get the AFR's?
                              =====
                              ***The cam was chosen by my Ford friend and it has 112LSA. Also summit people said it would work.***

It will "work" and it will help with NA power, but it will result in the nitrous blowing through the cylinder due to some overlap. Just means you may have to spray a little more nitrous than "normal" for a given HP gain.
                              =====
                              ***Also Trickflow required the use of their rocker arms which are 1.6 / 1.5. ***

TF only shows a "mixed" 1.6/1.5 narrow body rocker set in their catalog, but why would you be required to use TF rockers on the TF heads? That alone would make me question whether to get the TF heads.
                              =====
                              ***The Timing chain is extreme duty***

What year is your LT1? Do you have one with a vented Opti?
                              =====
                              ***There's nothing wrong with my gears and they are 3.42.***

I was asking why you invested all that money in an Eaton posi? The cost of a new posi, new gears, install kit, cover and labor to do the work puts you more than 1/2-way to the cost of a 12-bolt.
                              =====
                              ***The AEI fuel reg was suggested I should have it for the purpose my engine would require more fuel when not using NOS.***

Then skip the AFPR and invest the money in a set of 30# injectors, rather than the 24's.
                              =====
                              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                              X