engine mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine mileage

How many miles can you easily get out of most LT1s and not have it burn hardly any oil or less than a quart per 3000 miles and still have it run strong?

Hmmm...I've seen some who have miles in the upper 100k range and say it still runs like new.
    I have just under 110k; it burns 0 oil, and pulls tremendously. This is considering all things are well maintained and the internals are left alone (i.e. no cam swap).
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

ok thanks, sounds good!

Comment

I got 236,000 out of mine. It did have the intake manifold leak which developed around 180,000. But it didn't burn any oil up to that point. After the manifold leak, it pumped a guart for every 250 miles.

The engine otherwise was good to when I pulled it and put the fresher one it with a few mods.
        The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

My uncle got 315,000 miles out of a 92 LT1 corvette. He's the orginal owner and daily drove it, and mainted it to the tee before it finally stopped.
          Michael Key
          Virginia's F-Body Enthusiast Community - NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

HR3rdGen.org

Comment

Working...
          X