NFB bad day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB bad day

I was joy riding in my dad's 68 chevelle ss. This was the 1st time he trusted me to take it out on my own. I took it around the block one time and came home to eat lunch. I went around a 2nd time. I was going up a blind hill goin about 60 when I seen somebody turning into thier driveway. I locked it down and tried as hard as I could to miss it. I nicked it and kept sliding untill I stoped broadsided. I knew the guy and he actually felt sorry for me because he knows that I couldnt have done anything to stop because of the circumstances. Well the trooper came and stuff and he felt sorry for me too. He didnt want to give me a ticket because of the circumstances but he had to because the marks were 296 feet and they have to give u wreckless driving if its over 274. I feel really bad because I got my 1st ticket and i messed up my dad's baby. He is mainly just happy that im alive. He even said" Oh well, it needed a paint job anyways" My insurance will shoot up so I wont be doing any mods for a while.

ooo thats beat. yeh i almost rearended a car like that, gotta watch them hills. theyll get ya.
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

i had a 68 SS 396 chevelle. bought it brand new. little did i know..id of never sold it. best car i ever had, even better than the CompTA in my book.. i just loved it. ran b modified production with it..and it was street legal... mid to high 12's......

isnt that kind of unusual to have a speed limit of 60 mph in an area where there are driveways.........or were you speeding...........

you dad sounds like an ok guy... you'd wouldnt have gotten off so easy with me.............

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        i had a 68 SS 396 chevelle. bought it brand new. little did i know..id of never sold it. best car i ever had, even better than the CompTA in my book.. i just loved it. ran b modified production with it..and it was street legal... mid to high 12's......

isnt that kind of unusual to have a speed limit of 60 mph in an area where there are driveways.........or were you speeding...........

you dad sounds like an ok guy... you'd wouldnt have gotten off so easy with me.............

did you see the video tha wolfs posted scaryyyyyyyyyy and if that wolf car only one way to go mexico and never ever come back.

but i'm glad you OK bro.
        2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
        SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
        Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
        http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Good to hear you're alright man. Very good to hear your dad didn't lay into you...mine would've lol. I don't know if its the same there, but in CA you might be able to take traffic school and not have the point show up on your record. Might be something to look into. I bet that was one ride you'll never forget, huh? lol
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Wow, if you were my kid, I'd take your camaro keys, make you work to pay for my paintjob, and ground you. Going 60 in a residential in an old chevelle? Gimme a break man. Those cars don't stop too well. And nobody is doing you a favor or making you a better person/driver by feeling sorry for you, and not even so much as a slap to the wrist.

When I see people flying down the street like that I get TICKED. That is NOT the place for it. I have a 13 year old sister that rides a bike with her friends a lot around the neighborhood. Death to the person that hurts her.

Wolf, I think it's the parents like that aren't all that "OK" (not attacking you, sorry if it sounds that way)... Kids need punishment. Wreckless and irresponsible driving is something my dad never tolerated. If I ever did it and he found out.... I paid for it, and I didn't drive his car. Ever. Made me a better, more responsible driver in the end.

my 5.7 cents...
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              Wow, if you were my kid, I'd take your camaro keys, make you work to pay for my paintjob, and ground you. Going 60 in a residential in an old chevelle? Gimme a break man. Those cars don't stop too well. And nobody is doing you a favor or making you a better person/driver by feeling sorry for you, and not even so much as a slap to the wrist.

When I see people flying down the street like that I get TICKED. That is NOT the place for it. I have a 13 year old sister that rides a bike with her friends a lot around the neighborhood. Death to the person that hurts her.

Wolf, I think it's the parents like that aren't all that "OK" (not attacking you, sorry if it sounds that way)... Kids need punishment. Wreckless and irresponsible driving is something my dad never tolerated. If I ever did it and he found out.... I paid for it, and I didn't drive his car. Ever. Made me a better, more responsible driver in the end.

my 5.7 cents...
              Dude, ever stop to think that it might not have been a residential?? He didn't even say it was. There are streets with high speed limits that have driveways directly onto them. Geez man, chill till you get all the facts. As for the cars not stopping too well, it all depends on the setup. And as for not making him a better person, ever think that maybe he knows he screwed up? There is such a thing as self-correction. Ease up dude.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve93Z
                Dude, ever stop to think that it might not have been a residential?? He didn't even say it was. There are streets with high speed limits that have driveways directly onto them. Geez man, chill till you get all the facts. As for the cars not stopping too well, it all depends on the setup. And as for not making him a better person, ever think that maybe he knows he screwed up? There is such a thing as self-correction. Ease up dude.
                Said he went around the block, came home, then went around again and then this. I would think it's residential

Also, where I live, most freeways are 50 or 55 (Some are 70 max). They don't build houses off the freeway bro Also it being up a "blind hill." Come on dude, give me a break, that was pure idiocy, he's just lucky nobody really got hurt. And if you do something stupid, and post it on a public forum, you can't expect everybody to hold your hand and tell you they're just happy you're all right. Someone is going to step in and point out the idiocy. You have to expect it. I saw he had enough of that, so I posted what I truly thought about his situation. Is that so bad?

I didn't mean to offend the guy.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Not all streets above 35 are the freeway dude. Besides, all he said was he went out a second time, doesn't say where. There's streets here with a 50 or higher limit and houses with driveways dumping right onto them. And I know they're not just here.
                  Steve

Comment

1st of all I live in the middle of nowhere. 2nd of all i meant stroll around the block as an experssion and 3rd of all it was a highway. I dont think you should make rude coments unless you know.
                    Thats my 2 cents.

Comment

So how bad was the nick? Is it noticeable at all? Btw, what motor does it have in it?
                      Steve

Comment

I'll take a pic tomorrow. It originally had a 396 but my dad put a 327 in it for now while he is building another 396 little by little.
                        Originally posted by Steve93Z
                        So how bad was the nick? Is it noticeable at all? Btw, what motor does it have in it?

Comment

Cool. My dad had a 67 SS 396 that he loved. Its on my site if you wanna see it.
                          Steve

Comment

Working...
                          X