tb bypass question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tb bypass question

when I look at my tb, I see hoses on the left side. I unplugged the top one to see if it was for coolant and it is. I'm sure if I unplug that hose than I need to connect it to something so I dont have coolant gushing out everywhere. On a 96 z what do I ned to do after I unplug the top hose?

The coolant inlet and outlets are on the BOTTOM plate of the throttle body. First, I think its a good idea to drain a little coolant out of the system, so you don't accidentally pour coolant on your Optispark.

Remove the 90-degree elbow from the passenger side connection. Discard the elbow. Remove the rubber hose from the driver's side connection. Pull the end of that hose over and attach it to the point in the coolant hoses where the 90-degree elbow used to attach. That "closes" the coolant system. Put 3/8" vacuum caps on the TB connections, if you want.

This only works on the 95-97 models. 93-94 you need a 3/8" barbed connection to connect the two hoses you remove from the TB.

You can see the two coolant connections, with the 3/8" vacuum caps in this picture. Your car has a slightly different shape to the TB tube on the passenger side.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X