full suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full suspension

What is the best shock for a 1999 camaro. My car is going to be used as an auto-cross vehicle, not a drag car. Any input helps, thanks you
    1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

Koni yellows
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

full suspension

I am currently looking to change my 1999 camaro's stock suspension to a very stiff and very good handeling car. I want to change the springs and shocks, sway bars, lower control arms, and subframe connectors. This car is going to be used as an auto-cross car, not a drag car. Any information as to how this will affect my car, what other parts might help the handeling, and any other advice about suspension would be greatly appriciated as I am not very experienced in this area of of the vehicle. Thanks bud!
      1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

Comment

Merging with similar post from earlier this evening.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

You know, it always throws me when you do that.
          95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Originally posted by camarokkidd
            I am currently looking to change my 1999 camaro's stock suspension to a very stiff and very good handeling car. I want to change the springs and shocks, sway bars, lower control arms, and subframe connectors. This car is going to be used as an auto-cross car, not a drag car. Any information as to how this will affect my car, what other parts might help the handeling, and any other advice about suspension would be greatly appriciated as I am not very experienced in this area of of the vehicle. Thanks bud!
            These are the best. http://www.lmperformance.com/835/1.html I think you will find after some experience that you don't want you car to have a stiff suspension. Stiff suspensions will not travel down after hitting a bump and keep the tire on the road. Suspensions are there for a reason. If a stiff suspension worked the best, there wouldn't be any suspension. They would mount the stuff rigid. What you need is to keep the tire on the ground as much as possible. Stiff sway bars are good but stiff springs may not be so good. To really fine tune a suspension you need to be able to adjust bump and rebound separately and these Koni's are the only one I have seen that will do that. Check out there "technology" section on their web site. http://www.koni.com/_cars/_general_i...ng_forces.html
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
            X