4L60E Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L60E Problems

last night I stepped on the gas and down the interstate ramp and when the car went to shift into overdrive it zinged to redline. Lifted off the gas and the shift happened and the car drove on.

Now if you crowd the throttle it will downshift and zing to redline again, let off it shifts and goes. Ease into the throttle and it is fine. No noise or vibration.

At a redlight you have to pull it into first or second gear on the shifter to get the car to roll, ease in the gas and upshift and it has all the gears, ease in and shift too early at low rpm and it zings. trying to pull away in high or OD you just sit there.

Fluid level?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by MadMikeSigns
      last night I stepped on the gas and down the interstate ramp and when the car went to shift into overdrive it zinged to redline. Lifted off the gas and the shift happened and the car drove on.

Now if you crowd the throttle it will downshift and zing to redline again, let off it shifts and goes. Ease into the throttle and it is fine. No noise or vibration.

At a redlight you have to pull it into first or second gear on the shifter to get the car to roll, ease in the gas and upshift and it has all the gears, ease in and shift too early at low rpm and it zings. trying to pull away in high or OD you just sit there.
      I had a simillar issue a few years ago that my car would not shift on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift and bang off the rev limiter at WOT......shop took the tranny apart and the bands were all smoked....fresh GMPT tranny with less than 5k left on the EXTENDED warranty.
      95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

If the fluid is up.....it sounds like rebuild time.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

The clutches might be slipping too. How many miles do you have on the tranny?
          Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Trans has 112,000 on it and up until now never gave any hint of troubles. Fluid level is correct and it does not smell burnt. There is no slippage other then under hard acceleration between gears

Comment

Working...
            X