need assistance on an intake part

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need assistance on an intake part

I am having the intake gaskets replaced because they are leaking. I found that an evap solenoid hose was disconnected and a screw was in the elbow of the line.

Basically, I need to know where the 90 degree elbow goes from the evap solenoid as I cannot find a missing line any where. Does it go the evap canister?

I need to know asap as it is in the shop and I want them to fix that while they are there.

email me your reply if at all possible furyus65@yahoo.com

thanks again.

1996 trans am convertible v8 motor auto trans. the part is located on the front passenger side and has an electrical plug on the solenoid part. the elbow is directly below this electrical plug. I do not have a pic of it sorry.

Jason

Courtesy of Shoebox. Always the best place to look for questions like this.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I have that same pic in front of me courtesy of the dealership.

look at 15 (the elbow) where does that line go? I am missing that line but I still have the elbow and the solenoid.

thanks,

Jason

Comment

I guess from the diagram it is not supposed to be going anywhere. I must have noticed that and since my 80 gm camaros had bolts in vacuum lines I assumed this needed one. haha.

Am I right that this is supposed to stay open?

Jason

Comment

That elbow' part is not connected to anything, seems a vent only.
          My car has it installed same way. Don't worry
          Take care
          Doc
          97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Like it says on my diagram for #15-vent hose, no connection.
            Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks guys, that was quick and very helpful. I'll try to stay around more but being on dial up really limits my time. (live to far out for DSL) How is the wolf man hulk hogan been doing? haha. what a great guy and a cool character.

thanks again for the helop injuneer and doc it was very much appreciated.

Jason

Comment

Sorry, wrong forum...
                John Wagner "Owner"
                D.E. Engine Performance & Fabrication
                1995 Formula

Comment

Working...
                X