No announcement yet.

Hmmm...That's a new sound on startup...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm...That's a new sound on startup...

As of today I have a new sound on startup that maybe someone can educate me on. After start, there is a sound that is present for about 5 seconds, then goes away. It is a higher pitch sound, but not a screech like a fan belt, very soothing actually. Wasn't there before...

Maybe the fuel or oil pump? Is this something dying on me?

Thanks for the help ahead of time.
    '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
    (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

could be the alternator pulley..once it gets going...it quits. mine used to do that on the CompTA....especially when it was cold out.... then it would stop. when i sold the car a year ago last feb, it still had the same pulley on it... LOL.. the buyer didnt mind... it didnt do it all the time. dont squirt anything on it to check though... it will ruin your s belt. have someone else start the car and you stand there with the hood open and listen.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

My brothers air pump made a noise like the one you were describing right before it went out on his 99 Z28.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I'll check this out tomorrow when I get someone to help me out. For whatever reason, the wife doesn't want to start the car with the hood up. ??? I'll update tomorrow.

Thanks all.
        '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
        (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

Comment

Mine does too, it's the air pump I think. vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, then shuts off.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
            Mine does too, it's the air pump I think. vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, then shuts off.
            thats another suggestions. there was a TSB on them for 96-97's..they replaced ours.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
            Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
            sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

The sound I get is more of a woo-woo-woo-woo-woo (quick) for 5 secs.

I feel like a 6 year old - I can't identify a sound and I'm trying to think up how I would spell it...LOL

Comment

Working...
              X