srt-4 stage 2 against ls1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srt-4 stage 2 against ls1

Hey guys,I cant remember who it was but they were talking about a srt-4 stage 2 or something like that against a ls1.

Well if I can figure out how to do it heres a vidio of a stage 2 srt-4 against an ls1

The ls1 doesnt have a chance

Click here to see Video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/i...C-C0C3E65F92B9

Dont know which one it is

make sure to turn your speakers on!!!!!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
    2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

That poor LS1
    1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
    1 of 463
    LT4 knock module
    D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
    strut tower brace
    SLP fan switch
    160* t/stat
    Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
    DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Let's start the LS1 vs LT1 sound debate again. That thing sounds awesome!!!
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

I think it said it had true duels!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current

Comment

Guys, that Camaro SS not only had true duals, but it was also cammed sky-high with the Futral Motorsports F14 cam.

Here are the specs: FM1-F14-112
          New Item! FMS Custom Grind Camshaft - 232"/234" .598"/.598" 112LSA - aggressive profile with a 3000-7000 RPM range, rough idle

Thacker runs 11.6 @ 117.

No kidding he beat the Neon... that Neon would still probably take me out.

Here's Thacker's thread about his mods:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...4&page=1&pp=15
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I don't really have anything remotly constructive to add, watching the video just made me spit BBQ hotpocket on the keyboard of my laptop, thankis.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

oh my goodness. I musta watched that 13 times! LOL...my gosh.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
              Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
              B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
              Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
              Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

It was me that posted the 3rd gen, Ls1 ss, Srt4 thread. The Only difference was the Ls1 was an automatic and stock and the neon wasn't, so the video of that would've been reversed unfortunately.
                1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

MAybe but it was still cool to watch!!!!

p.s. wood

I did the same thing!!

current

Comment

true, true, it made me feel better seeing that happen, because thats pretty much what the neon did to me.

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

you shouldnt be upset. How much do you have tied up in your car and the bigger ? is how does he have tied up in a NEON!!!

current

Comment

I know the guys around here that run 13's in there SRT4's (4000ft above sea level) Have more tied up in there chip, intake, and exaust then I paid for my car.

Comment

That SS sounded so good....well..I think I got a little turned on, so to speak. Holy crap...I want an LS1 and that cam!!!! See.....for me, even if the Neon had won that race...I would still rather have the SS cause.....look at the thing! It looked and sounded awesome! And then there's the Neon.... It's still just a Neon.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I think the Neon deserves some credit after seeing that video. I wouldn't doubt that the NEON was stock because I dont think I even heard an aftermarket exhaust. Also, the neon needs high octane gas (98+ I think) to reach its full, stage 2, potential. I dont know if this played a factor or not during the race though.

I was actually surprised when I saw the video. I thought the SS was gonna make that thing look like it was going backwards or something. Once I saw the mod list for the SS I thought it was going to be a decapitation ! Props to both cars!
                            1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

Kind of an interesting note. SRT-4 guys hate it when you call their car a Neon.
                              LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X