Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypertech may have actually made something useful.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech may have actually made something useful.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...9&autoview=sku

What do you think?
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Honestly, it looks pretty good. If you didnt have a laptop that would be a good way to go. I have a laptop with the AKM cable and software so i can pretty much do the same stuff for way cheaper. But like i said, i have a laptop, if you didnt have one, that would be a good package...... its supposed to release this month.
    95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

The Summit listing didn't appear to address what year cars the system will work with. I'd bet its OBD-II only. If it is, you would need to find out if it reads only the "basic" OBD-II data, or the more valuable "enhanced" OBD-II manufacturer specific data.

In essence, what you get is a combination of AutoTap and a g-Tech PRO. You could buy both of those for about 1/2 the price. AutoMeter now has the equivalent of the g-Tech PRO in a gauge that fits in a standard gauge pod or A-pillar mount.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        ...AutoMeter now has the equivalent of the g-Tech PRO in a gauge that fits in a standard gauge pod or A-pillar mount.
        I can't seam to find anything in this. Do you know where more info is? I can't find it on Autometer's web site or Summit.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

It is OBD2 and way overpriced. Nice to have it all in one package, though.

Comment

A buddy of mine just got a Snap On MT2500 diagnostic scanner. It is really a good tool and very comprehensive. It has the ability to do much, much more than that Hypertech and you can find them on ebay for about the same price.

Comment

Now that's cool! It would be cool to accurately document performance before and after a mod. I've got to have one . . . .
              Darrin C
              '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
              07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Sigh, nothing cool comes out for the OBD1 computers.
                1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
                  Sigh, nothing cool comes out for the OBD1 computers.
                  Not so! I switched my car to OBD1 platform just so I could run the less expensive version of LT1 edit or tunercat.......which someday I may actually get to buying and installing
                  96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                  11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

The AutoMeter "Dynamic Performance Information Center" (D-PIC) was shown in the March 2005 issue of Chevy High Performance magazine. Appears to be part # 6180, and comes in the Cobalt and Ultra-Lite series. Digital readout of:
                    -choice of forward/backward or lateral acceleration
                    -0-60, 60-0 times/distance
                    -1/4-mile data
                    -peak wheel HP
                    -reaction time

Fits in a 2-1/16" gauge mount.

I can't find it on the AutoMeter site either.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                    X