My new car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new car!

I got a sweet new ride!, its a 1979 Trans Am its got t-tops!!!!!!! man i love those things it has a 403 olds motor, th-350 with a shift kit, 373 posi 4wheel disc, a/c, radio ,power windows (i feel weird saying that lol) everything works on the car, and its got a shaker hood ad the screaming chicken on the hood, n its blue and gold but it does need some paint and their isnt much rust on the car. i got it for $2200... so yea its gonna be my dailey driver lol....im not kidding by the way lol . so i got a question, it was an origional 4spd car and i want to convert it back since i have a muncie but would my chevy bellhousing bolt up to this motor? or will i need some other bellhousing, n is their anything i should know about this motor, good,bad, kool? lol well thanks 4 reading later dudes .
    1967 Camaro "Project"
    1972 Chevelle "454"
    1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Congrats. A chevy bellhousing is different from the Pontiac and Olds bellhousing....
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

congrats....

anything you should know? yep. The rear end steps around pretty easy. The 403 is a good torque motor, just don't try to spin it very high without major mods. Get subframe connectors!

Comment

Congrat's, Sounds like a good fun project!

BOP, Buick Olds Pontiac transmission bellhousings are different.

Look at these, ...
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33727

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

See the "U" shape at the top of the bellhousing? That's the easiest way to recognize them.

Good Luck!
        1) 2001 Pontiac Trans Am 10th Anniversary Firehawk
        2) 2005 Pontiac Bonneville GXP
        3) 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTII
        4) 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
        5) 1996 Chevrolet Blazer
        6) 1993 Harley-Davidson FXSTS Softail Springer

Comment

Congrats on the new ride, sounds pretty sweet. I love 2nd gen T/A's....especially with T-Tops. First chance you get, you gotta take some pics and post 'em!

Congrats again and good luck with her
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Congrats. How about some pics.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

if you wanna keep it auto i have a b&m megashifter still brand new in the box ill sell to you for $100
              1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

thanks guys, that rear does swing out like nothing lol i went to get some gas n it was a lil wet hehe i felt like i was in a drifitng comp. well i just took some pics today but i have no idea how 2 post them? some help please.
                1967 Camaro "Project"
                1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

I had a '78 back in the day. The Hurst t-tops leaked...........alot. I had to keep big garbage bags so I could cover the crushed velor seats when it rained or was washed. Finally put silicone grease on the weather stripping for them after the 10th time the factory replaced them, and didn't take them out anymore.

I probably put 150,000 miles on it before I sold it. Repainted it once. Major repair was a bad wheel bearing. It was a Pontiac 400 with the 350TH automatic, and posi. Yes, it would hang the rear end out to either side when you jumped on it.

The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Yep, my '79 is definitely may favorite car. It is still in the same condition as it was in when it rolled off the dealer lot. I have owned the car for 15 years. My brother and I got the car from the original owner back in 1987; the original owner kept it in the garage and put all of 26k on it. I bought out my brother in '90, and garaged it. It is a pretty unusual car with the two tone interior and the nocturne blue paint.

If you can put it back to a 400 4sp, do it!!!
                    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                      thanks guys, that rear does swing out like nothing lol i went to get some gas n it was a lil wet hehe i felt like i was in a drifitng comp. well i just took some pics today but i have no idea how 2 post them? some help please.
                      There are a few ways you could do it, I recommend making a free account at photobucket.com and uploading the pictures from your computer to that site and they will host them for free.. then to post the actual picture on these boards just use the button on the top for img or if you know html just copy the photobucket link to your picture and put it inbetween this: [img][/img] it would look something like this, except you would just see the picture.

[img ]www.photobucket.com/rocking1967/carpic.jpg[/img ]

without the spaces of corse. You would need a digital camera or a webcam as well to upload the pictures to your computer.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

well i got the pics up on photo bucket n i hope this works, n thanks to the dude that told me how to do this cant remember ur username. enjoy

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/c02c60d6.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/TransAm4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/TransAm3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/TransAm2.jpg
                        1967 Camaro "Project"
                        1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

nice car man. My buddy found a '79 like that for $600 bucks a few years back with the olds motor and everything. the brakes on all four wheels were frozen and the engine leaked like a civ. we rebuiilt the whole motor with 455 heads & a nice cam & stuff, put a shift kit in it and like a 2800 stall converter, and did the whole body up to primer. the thing was sweet, it would bake the tires all day long. he ended up sellin it to his girlfriend (ex now) and she trashed the thing.... its a damn shame. anyway, congratulations and good luck with it.
                          LOUD2000T/A
                          '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                            well i got the pics up on photo bucket n i hope this works, n thanks to the dude that told me how to do this cant remember ur username. enjoy

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/c02c60d6.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/TransAm4.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/TransAm3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...7/TransAm2.jpg
                            nice car, is that the same year as the smokey and the bandit car? I think so. Yeah that guy who told you how to post those was real cool.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Originally posted by wood
                              nice car, is that the same year as the smokey and the bandit car? I think so. Yeah that guy who told you how to post those was real cool.
                              lol yea too bad hes got one of them 3rd gens.. ohh snap lol j/k man urs looks sweet too especially with that Lt1 in their. well the smokey n the bandit was a 77 the front end was diff and the color thats about it.
                              1967 Camaro "Project"
                              1972 Chevelle "454"

Comment

Working...
                              X