Clear All

• Worm Alert!

If your computer starts shutting down due to a "remote protocol"
    You are being hit.....

http://www.nipc.gov/warnings/advisor...ial7302003.htm

http://msnbc-cnet.com.com/2100-1002_...&subj=cnetnews

Here's the fix:

http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...displaylang=en

These hackers really need to find a regular day job.

Man do I agree. You were typing while I was too. LOL
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Oh !! Sorry I thought you were talking about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
      94 Z28/UltraZ Hood & Box/1 1/2 Drop/52mmTB & Bypass/160 Stat/Pulley/ Catback & pipe/Kirkey seats/5 point belts/WW Wing/Ford9"-4.11- Detroit locker-Strange axles/ZEKE'S Heads & LT4 HC/Stainless Headers & Y/1LE Panhard/BMR SFCs-STB-Relo Brackets-Tunnel Brace-Adj Tq arm- Sway bar- LCAs-PHB/ABARE RACING 4L60E/COAN 3200/Monster tach & light/DS Loop

19/09/04[M6]=12.392@113.518 / 1.802 60ft.

10/04/05[A4]=12.29@111.9 /1.652 60ft.

Comment

I was hit with the virus yesterday. I talked to the ComputerTech. people where I work and this is what they said to do...

1. Unplug your computer from the Internet, this is how the hackers are getting to you. If you unplug you won't be kicked off every 60 seconds.
        2. Then save everything you have to a disk, EVERYTHING!
        3. Use the "Restore CD's" that came with your computer...this will set your computer back to the way it was upon purchase.
        4. Then go to START, Control Panel, Network Connections, (right click on) Network Connections, go to properties and then the Advanced tab. Check the security box.
        You will then be able to log onto the Internet.
        5. You can then put back on your saved information from the disk.
        6. Download Microsoft Update as well as the "RPC Patch"

This will get the virus out.

I called our Local Best Buy on my lunch becasue I lost the Restore CD's and they recommened I bring in my tower and they would take out the problem without having to get rid of any saved data. They charge $30 for everything so this might just be easier wway to do it. They told be that they already over 100 people this morning alone call in with the virus.

Ugh...this sucks!!
        NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
        1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
        1999 Firebird
        Ram air hood
        Full Borla catback exhaust
        K&N air filter
        Headers
        WS6 air box
        Shift kit
        Intake

Comment

Tks for the tip! I just DLed and installed the patch...I keep up with all the MS security updates for my platform...but I installed it the less...never can be too safe!

KnightFire
          1993 Formula Firebird
          Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Here is the virus removal tool. http://www.norton.com It's called fixblast.exe print the instructions and follow them. That is what I am doing today.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Got a nice thank you from my corporate office this morning. I was able to alert our office about the bug, only one computer had been infected and we stopped it before it spread and shut down our network. Whew... got lucky on this one. Our network handles inter company e-mail, inventory, PAYROLL, bank loan contracts, and so on. Save us from quite a few headaches.

Comment

Patch

The patch came out in July. All competant network administrators made sure it was deployed across their networks.

I have windows update running automatically on all 4 of my home PCs.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

I have at least one PC going around the clock at home connected to the internet. I also automatically have the updates downloaded (Virus, Firewall and W2K).

I also use a router with my cable internet access with a built in firewall and then on each PC a software firewall. So far I haven't had a problem. Touch wood.

The worst part with company networks are the e-mail system and I believe most of the times viruses or other critters enter the network that way. Of course if there's a hole in the operating system the hackers will exploit that.
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

If these jerks would spend their time working a real job and using these talents instead of creating worms, they could really get somewhere in life.

Comment

Working...
                    X