Crank Shaft Pulley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank Shaft Pulley

I have a question on how to remove the crank shaft pulley. The engine is in a 95 Z28. I have a pulley set by the crank didn't move. Yes I removed the crank shaft bolt. Need help badly!

2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Thank You very much, I was told I had to use the pulley type that screws in the mounting holes. I tried that and I bent my pulley. I will use the one shown on your reply. Again thank you!!!!!!!

Comment

Exactly what are you trying to remove?

If all you want to do is remove the pulley, you don't remove the center bolt that holds the hub on the crank. You only remove the three bolts that hold the damper/pulley on the hub. At that point, the only thing holding the damper/pulley on the hub will be the rust, and that's why you need the puller in some cases.

If you are in fact trying to remove the complete damper/pulley and the hub (not required for an under drive pulley), you would remove the damper/pulley from the hub first, then use a 3-bolt/screw-in puller to remove the hub from the crank. And you need to put a hard bolt or a socket set extension in the crank hole, to avoid damaging the stock bolt/threads.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X