Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Motor/Pump Assembly

Camaro Convertible Pump
    I just put a new top on my 95 Z28 convertible. The new canvas top is 'stiff' and I think it was hard on the pump. Now the top always goes down, but sometimes does nothing when I push the switch to raise the top. Obviously, not a good thing. As a precationary measure I got a motor/pump assembly out of a 2002 Camaro Conv on e-bay for a great price and have that on hand. Physically, where is the motor/pump located? There are only 2 wires going to the motor, so I think the switch just reverses the polarity to raise/lower the top. Could it be the switch? Could the pump be low on hydralyic fluid? Is it simple brake fluid in the reseviour or some other type of hydralic fluid?

THANKS!!!!!

Bill

Let me know what you find out. I have to replace my top too. Check for the pump behind one of the speaker panels in the rear seat area. My Haynes manual has absolutely nothing on this. Might have to get a factory manual.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

It 's located in the "trunk" on the left side. I'll have to check my factory manual when I get home for other info.

Comment

Working...
      X