v6 to v8 swap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6 to v8 swap

what k member would be best for swapping a carbed 350 into my 94 camaro which currently has a broke v6

thanks, matt

Remember you asked for the best. http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyChassis.htm#kmember
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by matt_440
      what k member would be best for swapping a carbed 350 into my 94 camaro which currently has a broke v6

thanks, matt
      You will get some better responses than me but the distributor on a SBC won't fit under the cowling on a 93-02 F-Body.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

im not really worried about hacking anything up....so with that said....do you think i would be able to make the distrib fit with some cutting and possibly a low profile msd unit?

thanks, matt

Comment

Originally posted by matt_440
          im not really worried about hacking anything up....so with that said....do you think i would be able to make the distrib fit with some cutting and possibly a low profile msd unit?

thanks, matt
          not without removing the windshield. The engines in our 4th generation cars sit pretty far under the dashboard. Changing the distributor would involve either removing the motor or removing the windshield and cutting a huge hole in the dashboard.

honestly, I'd recommend fixing the V6 car and selling it. Then take the $$ and buy a V8 car. Doing a V8 swap in a 4th gen f-body is no small job. Unless you have a running donor car to trade the parts from it will cost you a fortune to get everything you need.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
          X