Chamelean Paint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamelean Paint

How do I paint chamealan? How come everytime I see it, it is the traditional teal and purple scheme going. Are those the only colors that car be done? I want to get my car painted triple black with silver ghost flames. Then have everything under the hood chamelan black and silver. Is this possible?
    thanks
    tom
    1996 Trans Am:T-tops,graphite leather,16" chrome T/A rims, Nitto's, Descreened MAF, Morosso CAI, hypertech, flowtech cut out, 1LE elbow, Silver BMR tubular SFC's, 160 thermo, limo tint, harwood ws6 hood, !side molding, Stage 2 trans.

Looking for a driver side window.

i had a buddy with a 93 v6 ttop camaro with the chameleon paint and yea it was a teal that would change to blues and purples....looks nice i would look at house of kolor paints. i have painted a few cars with their products and i was happy with the results
    I'm out, like a fat kid in dodgeball

Comment

The chameleon colors are also made by DuPont and PPG.... the guy that painted my hood claimed the paint costs $25/ounce.... = $800 a quart.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

They don't make a chameleon black or silver. You can get purple, blue, green; or red, yellow, orange. That's the standard ones you see, 3 color shifts. Now they do make some that shift like 7 times, but they are always a "red to yellow" or a "green to purple" shift, because the tints in them allow them to do that. I've never seen one that crossed the rainbow so to speak, with both red-yellow, and green-purple shifts. I had once seen a picture of a house of color flip they were trying to do where it shifted everything, but as far as I know it was never released.

By the way, in case you're wondering why they can't flip white, silver, or black; black absorbs all color, hence making it black. White reflects all color, hence it being white. Silver is kinda like a mirror, it reflects more than it absorbs. The trick with flipping paint is having a color that will "tint" the undercoated paint, instead of "coloring" over it.

I don't know if you've ever seen chameleon on a black car, but it is evil looking. I saw some chameleon flames on a square body F150 once, and the flames actually looked like they were moving. I had planned on doing that to my car, but instead I'm going to do my bike.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

I've been told a chameleon paint job runs about 8-10K. Not sure though.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X