Headliner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headliner?

Can anyone recommend any method of replacing the headliner in my 95 Camaro w/ T-tops? I've searched around but haven't been able to find either A) A replacement that fits or B) a method of repairing the current sagging headliner.

Thanks!

Rob
    1995 Chevy Camaro, V6, 5-spd Manual - Looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor :-)

assuming you want a graphite black one....

P/N 12525672
    Net : $109.00
    List : $145.00

Any chevy dealer can order it. If I recall correctly, it is fairly simple to install too.

Tracy

Comment

Ah but this is one I might can help with.

I never figured out a way to fix it. You can peel the cloth off and try to re-glue it to the foam but it won't stay. The problem is the foam is rotting.

I have done this several times and Fords and Chryslers and I assume GM's have cardboard headliner backing material. We have a place in town called the Textile Warehouse. It's a fabrics store that caries material for making drapes as well as cloths. The have a catalog to order the material for doing headliners. It is the cloth glued onto the foam. It comes in a 60" wide roll and you tell them how many yards to get. It is about $10 a linear yard. Measure front to back, add about 6" and order that. Go to NAPA and by this spray on adhesive made for headliners. It's about $10. Any other type will not work. The other adhesives will let go on the first hot day that the car is in the sun. Take the headliner out and clean all of the old foam off of it. A garden hose and water works well for it. Spray the cardboard not the cloth with glue. Set the cardboard headliner on the ground and put the material on it with the foam side down and the material up. Don't try and line up the sides. Let it hang over. Put phone books over every square inch and let dry. Then trim to the cardboard and reinstall. It's really pretty simple.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

i have been told that if ur gone to have it paided to be redone that the glue makes it worst, this was from friends that glued it and then took it to a shop and he said it cost more to have glue taken back off, but they could have just ripped him off.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

I agree. Like I said, you can't really fix it. If you strip it and put new material on it with the glue I said to use, it is a very good repair procedure. I have done it several times and that I know have have fallen.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
          X