Chassis....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis....

Who makes the best sub-frame connectors and strut mount bar for hardtop camaros? Thanks in advance bud,
    Nick
    1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

What year is your car? Might want to add a "signature" showing basic info year of car, tranny type and any major mods. The year will determine the answer. You mention a "strut", so are you saying you have a 3rd Gen? 4th Gens have a "coil over shock", not a strut.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

chassis stiffeners

ok i made a signature, hope it works. my car is a 1999 hardtop. Who makes the best set of sub-frame connectors and who makes the best 2 or 3 point strut tower brace?
      1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

Comment

I went overboard and got the SLP subframe connex, they stiffen the car in an unbelieveable way. But some would say that unless you're really into heavy duty usage, you wouldn't need that amount of support.
        '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
        (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

Comment

not to hijack the thread but what would be the best SFC for a ttop car? i need something inexpensive but still good
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Well that's interesting. Spohn http://www.spohn.net/ carries SFC for the 3rd gen but not the 4th. BMR http://www.bmrfabrication.com/ carries them for the 4th but not the 3rd.

As you can see from My signature, I like the BMR stuff. The X SFCs like SLP and Kenny Brown can interfere with other things like headers and torque arms so I went with the BMRs not to mention they were half the price of the SLP bolt ons.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              Well that's interesting. Spohn http://www.spohn.net/ carries SFC for the 3rd gen but not the 4th. BMR http://www.bmrfabrication.com/ carries them for the 4th but not the 3rd.
              Spohn has SFC's for the LS1 4th Gens (98-02). He does not have them for the LT1 cars (93-97). His LS1 SFC's won't fit the LT1 cars because of an interference with a slightly different fuel line routing. I gave him the measurements and photos of the LT1 fuel line routing well over a year ago, so he could mod his design to fit all 4th Gens, but apparently he hasn't got around to it yet.

http://www.spohn.net/category.cfm?categoryid=1080

Just to nit-pick, there are no "struts" on a 4th Gen, they are "coil over shocks", so an STB is a shock tower brace.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                Spohn has SFC's for the LS1 4th Gens (98-02). He does not have them for the LT1 cars (93-97). His LS1 SFC's won't fit the LT1 cars because of an interference with a slightly different fuel line routing. I gave him the measurements and photos of the LT1 fuel line routing well over a year ago, so he could mod his design to fit all 4th Gens, but apparently he hasn't got around to it yet.

http://www.spohn.net/category.cfm?categoryid=1080
                You know I knew that and forgot he had a 1999. You just posted that about the LT1 vs LS1 Spohns a few days ago. That's what happens when you try to do a hit and run or in this case help in run.

I still like the BMR box frames better than the tube types (both Spohn and BMRs). The BMRs incorporate the rear control arm bolt so it reinforces that mount. I don't know if it needs it or not though. I do know one thing, the BMRs are so stiff that you have to torque that control arm bolt to like 150 lb/ft to keep it from rattling. I had to re-torque mine several times to get it to stop.
                2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                X