Is the Spec pressure plate really the LT4 plate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Spec pressure plate really the LT4 plate

Easy question, is the Spec Star pressue plate in the stage 2 really just the LT4 pressure plate cause it sure looks it to me. I dont think spec is modding this plate for better clamp or am I wrong. I currently have a brand new LT4 plate and I am considering ordering a Spec disk from LM. I just yanked out my disk and I think it has high spots and thats causing my clutch to drag. There is definite inconsistancies in thickness.
    Thanks
    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Originally posted by wrd1972
    Easy question, is the Spec Star pressue plate in the stage 2 really just the LT4 pressure plate cause it sure looks it to me. I dont think spec is modding this plate for better clamp or am I wrong. I currently have a brand new LT4 plate and I am considering ordering a Spec disk from LM. I just yanked out my disk and I think it has high spots and thats causing my clutch to drag. There is definite inconsistancies in thickness.
    Thanks
    I don't know the answer to your question but FYI I asked the guy at SPEC what the differences are in the different series of pressure plates. He said all of their pressure plates are the same whether you get a stage 1 or a stage 5. He said only the discs are different.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I have done some research and talked to clutch makers and they all agreed that the pull type diaphragm clutch which is made by valeo Can not be beefed up. Of course the Spec PP and the LT4 both have the same casting and numbers.
      1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
      Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
      Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

You might enjoy browsing some of these pictures.
        http://216.167.101.165/tranny_pics/

I hope you get the clutch problem figured out soon. I feel for you.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
        X