1994 Camaro Coupe Turn Signal Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Camaro Coupe Turn Signal Issues

I have a 1994 Camaro which has a crazy little problem. When I turn on the right (Turn Signal) it goes on without a problem, and the signal clicks. When I turn it left, the signal on the dash stays on. No clicking noise can be heard, the light from the back does not turn on, plus the light on the front stays on. So the left side is messed up, and the right side is fine. I switched the flasher, just incase that was the problem. Everything worked the same, no difference. Has this have happen to anyone before? and if yes, how did you ever fix the problem.
    1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Sounds like the left rear bulb is burned out or not making connections.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

switched the flasher? hmm

1) check your middle rear brake light
      2) make sure you didn't insert the bulb in backwards on the sides ( will be
      really bright with the lights on)
      3) inspect the bulb socket for damage and replace if necessary

Originally posted by VagrantChrisX
      I have a 1994 Camaro which has a crazy little problem. When I turn on the right (Turn Signal) it goes on without a problem, and the signal clicks. When I turn it left, the signal on the dash stays on. No clicking noise can be heard, the light from the back does not turn on, plus the light on the front stays on. So the left side is messed up, and the right side is fine. I switched the flasher, just incase that was the problem. Everything worked the same, no difference. Has this have happen to anyone before? and if yes, how did you ever fix the problem.

Comment

I didn't notice it too bright, but every other light works except that one. The bulb that was there before was really rusted inside the socket. I had to yank it out, because the bottom part broke off. I changed the flasher just incase, and that didn't work either.

Yeah, I changed the bulb but it didn't work. I haven't tried changing the sockets, which I will try to do. I will let you guys know later.

Thanks for the replies!
        1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

Originally posted by VagrantChrisX
          I didn't notice it too bright, but every other light works except that one. The bulb that was there before was really rusted inside the socket. I had to yank it out, because the bottom part broke off. I changed the flasher just incase, and that didn't work either.

Yeah, I changed the bulb but it didn't work. I haven't tried changing the sockets, which I will try to do. I will let you guys know later.

Thanks for the replies!
          yeh man i am currently having the exact same problem...... narrowed it down to being a bad ground connection on the middle socket on the rear drivers side tailight. gm wants 60$ for a socket......junk yard time.
          1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I think you may be right, I'm heading to the junkyard! thanks for your help buddy
            1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

I'd put money in it being the a bad ground in the socket. All of the sockets on the right and left sides of my tailights have had bad grounds now. I solved this by cutting the metal piece off the end of the wire that pushes up into the socket then splicing on about another 2in of wire and stripping 1in of the 2in wire I put on. I pushed the stripped wire down in and dripped solder down in and then taped them up good. I know this is no where near a professional way to do it but it has held up fine on all of them and beats paying $60 a socket for 4 sockets.
              1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I like how you explained it, but could you explain it in a better more visual litteral kind of style. Thanks for your help!
                1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

I &$%^ uped the car the other day, was turning from my entrance to my area, and the car started drifting, it started going towards a vehicle, and I swirved to the right, which made the car spin out of control. I then was stopped by a wooden fence, which destroyed the left side of the car. Ouch! Goodbye Car, I think the lights are no longer a problem.
                  1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

I hope you get your problems worked out with your car but in case you want to know or anyone else. I cut off the piece of metal at the end of the ground wire which pushes up into the socket (you need to take off the connector that holds the wires into the socket). I then spliced in a little more wire (about 2in) just so it would reach and then stripped off at least half of that and just pushed it down in enough so that it would make good contact (I got all of the 1 in of spliced wire down into the hole plus a little more). I then just dripped solder down in to help it keep a good contact and taped them off very well. This is a very unprofessional way of doing it and I planned to buy new sockets but I was 17 in school playing football and working a part time job so money was very tight. They have never given me a problem and are no where in sight so I have just let them go. If they ever give me problems I will replace the socket but they have held up fine so far and I'm not going to fix something thats not broken lol. I hope that was a better explination if you have an questions just PM me.
                    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

I got it back!

well my car finally was repaired. I loved how they left it great. Front Spoiler was replaced, painted front and rear bumper, side was painted too. Here some pictures.
                      Attached Files
                      1994 Camaro 3.4L V6 Zeon

Comment

Working...
                      X