Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need New Battery - Again. Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need New Battery - Again. Recommendations?

On third battery for my 93 Formula. Last one was a Die Hard I want to get an Optima. Any ideas on the best place and price?

I think there are 3 battery manufacturers that make batteries and put various companies names on them. Die Hards are made by Excide. I hate Excide batteries. Every one I have owned has leaked and caused corrosion on the terminals and anything aluminum around it. I'm sure there are some good ones somewhere But I have never had one.

I like the Dualast batteries sold by Autozone. I can't think of the parent company that makes them but it isn't Excide.

I haven't tried one of those new spiral core batteries. They are expensive.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

My Mods are: SLP Cat-back / High Flow cat / JBA Headers / BBK 52mm Throttle Body / Hotchkiss STB, lower control arms / Suncoast Ram Air hood / GM 1LE suspension / Chip /

Comment

I put the Exide Orbital in mine...
        Fit perfect and got it online at www.theorbitalstore.com shipped to my house. Much cheaper than the store..
        No more lead acid batteries for me....

Comment

AC Delco's get my vote

Easily a 7yr battery. Not a fan of Exide Battery's, although the Orbital is nice it is rather expensive. I did a couple of years behind the parts counter and 95% of the faulty batterys were exide. The Delco battery's have thicker lead plates, enabling them to outlast the standard exide's.
          1995 Firebird Formula
          (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

review

looks like a good battery

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

i also did three years behind the parts counter,\.any battery is the same ,yes some last longer than others but thats why they give u a warranty,almost no battery will last up to seven years like it says.i personaly like the orbital also,because you wont have any leaking problems,and they put out a little more juice for those cars with amps and other things.i think its worth the money
              Miss My Bird

Comment

Optima red top. The one I have has been in the car since 97, no problems. Awesome battery.
                "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Sorry my bad.... thought I remembered them being pretty darn expensive. I like the Orbital, and the spiral cell technology... but prefer AC Delco's due to their SEVERE underrating of CCA's, and great reliability. Either battery is a good choice. I just personally use and trust the AC Delco, have not used (or had the need to try) the Orbital. Take a look at the link to see Delco's side.AC Delco
                  1995 Firebird Formula
                  (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
                  X