Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eibach springs - Prokit or Sportline ?? experiences ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eibach springs - Prokit or Sportline ?? experiences ?

I need to decide which springs to have, the Eibach Prokit or the Sportlines.

Prokit drop = Fr 1.5" Rear 1.3"
    Sportline drop = Front & Rear 1.8"

May car is daily driver / but aggressive street + looow looks is the goal.

My shop is heavily trying to steer me towards Prokit, as they advise that Sportline is too low.

Any advise from people who have fitted both ?

Cheers
    Mad Mick

My advice is to go with the Prokit springs. My friend recently purchased DMS lowering springs and there is now a dramatic difference in the gap between the tire and the fender. It probably lowered it about an inch and I'm sure once it settles it will be more. Already you can notice a big difference in the ride. You feel the road alot more and the ride is alot rougher. I wouldn't suggest that for an everyday driver. Good Luck though!
    NEW: 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
    1992 Caviler Z24 -Winter car
    1999 Firebird
    Ram air hood
    Full Borla catback exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Headers
    WS6 air box
    Shift kit
    Intake

Comment

i lowered mine with the sportline, it looks great. It also handles way better. The only thing that sux is when its a bumpy road, i just have to go slow. And i have to use boards to get in and out of my garage because my driveway is an incline and it makes too much of an angle with the garage. Looks and handling are great tho.
      -ken-
      ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

Listen to the shop..... the sportlines will give you headaches. They are great for show cars, if yours is a driver you'll be happier in the long run with the prokit. A few of my friends had sportlines and pulled them for prokit due to always hitting curbs and such.

Comment

I put the Pro-Kits on my Formula, along with QA1/HAL shocks. It was a poor combo. The back end only dropped 1" with the Pro-Kits, but the front dropped 1.8", even though I set the lower spring seats at exactly the same level as stock. I had to crank the HAL adjustable seats wayyyyy up to get the nose of the car off the ground.

The ride quality with that combo was also extremely poor. The back end has a choppy, "buckboard" sort of motion, sort of like what you would expect by dropping an S-10 on the axle. I don't mind "firm" or even "harsh" if it means good handling, but this was just an obnoxious "chop".

I also hated having the drivers side of my dual-cat Y-pipe drag over every speed bump and sloped driveway. Swapped the springs out for drag springs and was happy again. Course the car only seems to go in a straight line now.....

1/4-mile at a time.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Go with the Prokit, you will be much happier. I put them on my '93 Formula and I am vey happy with them. They are supposed to drop it 1.5" but once they settled they dropped about another 0.5".
            And trust me a 2" drop is definitely enough. These things already sit real low, so another 2" will make a big difference in looks and handling. Plus you do have to be careful on bumpy roads, curbs, construction zones, etc... But you get used to that eventually.
            99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
            93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Thanks for the experience feedback - prokits will be fitted next Thursday !

Comment

Working...
              X