Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT4 heads

Hey Guys,

Does $1,200 sound like too much for original LT4 heads? These were 96 Vet LT4 heads that someone had in their garage just laying around. I saw some LT4 heads in Jegs for $637.00 but frankly I am not sure if those are any different than the 96 ones. Any input would be great. I have the intake down in my shop so the pieces are falling into place.

Thanks,

Jorge
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Well, the ones from JEG's would be brand new. Not clear if the ones from the 96 'vette are new or used. I wouldn't pay almost as much as new ones for used heads.

You might want to check for availability on the new LT4 heads... last Fall they were heavilly backordered. That might tilt it to the ones from the 96 'vette. Might want to check Pace Chevrolet and Scoggins-Dickey for pricing. Also, try Jason Cromer at Sam Taylor Chevrolet.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Fred ..

Thanks for responding. These are new, original 96 LT4 heads. The guy had them sitting in his shop and never used them. Same old story ... needs to sell stuff to pay for a new project. What would you say based on this? He is asking $1,200 and will ship them for free. They are ready to install but of course I will have them ported and such.

Thanks .....
      97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
      In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Working...
      X