NFB: Beer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Beer

So I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to complete a paper for one of my endless classes (notice I'm posting here instead of typing it), and decided to have a beer - specifically an Anchor porter. So I thought I would ask: If you drink beer, what is your favorite?

Keep in mind, this doesn't have to be the one you drink every day, but what's really made an impression on you?
    '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
    (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

Icehouse......mmmm good.
    John
    97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
    02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
    99 Bravada

Comment

Icehouse has to be a joke...

My fav's:

Erdinger Weissbrau

Blue Moon

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Bass Ale

Boddington's

Fuller's London Pride

New Holland's Ichabod

Bell's Oberon

and several more from the London trip that I can't remember...

my favorite beers on a budget are Budweiser and Coor's Light.
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

No refined taste here.... Coors Light
        Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

If nothing else, we're honest folk...
          '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
          (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

Comment

I just had sam adams cherry wheat last weekend I can't say its my favorite but it is definetly a good tasting beer. I'm a coors man but have been drinking bud select lately its starting to grow on me.
            1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

hmmmm..... ive always like lager, and other dark beers. but everyone i hang with drinks miller lite. now since ive been drinkin miller lite, i dont really like dark beer anymore, i think there is something wrong here.
              1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

If I have recently been paid its Miller Lite. If I'm broke it's Busch lite. If I feel like havin only six the it's the Cherry Wheat or Blue Moon.

Ice House....hahaha Nothing like havin an Ice House keg, wake up theres about 6 or 7 diffrent puke spots outside from your dumb random friends.

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Guiness if it's poured right is hard to beat. (much better overseas)

boddingtons, wexford, and beamish if they are in the can with the widget and are poured right.

Becks dark, Youngling black and tan, Krostriker, and any other decent dark beer.

and if I'm just looking to get drunk, red dog, miller light, southpaw light, and whatevers free.

There is also this beer from england my friend tells me about called cathreys.. supposedly it's the best beer he has ever had, anyone tried it?

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Originally posted by wood

There is also this beer from england my friend tells me about called cathreys.. supposedly it's the best beer he has ever had, anyone tried it?

Hmmmm... I don't think I ever came across it when I was there.

Fuller's London Pride was definitely a fave...

What shocked me was, after 3 weeks of the heavier European style beer, a tall glass of Budweiser was very sweet and delicious.
                    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

I've found that the enjoyment comes from trying the beer, whether it is good or bad, and tasting the flavors.

I love German beers, but you get trashed really quickly because of higher alcohol volume.

MGD and Coors Light are kinda my staple.

My best advice IF YOU ARE OVER 21, is to subscribe to a beer-of-the-month club and enjoy the benefits of having someone else do the legwork of finding rare and new beers!
                      96 T/A - Heavily Modded
                      87 Caprice DGCM Boxie - Stock

Comment

If available MGD, then Heineken.
                        1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
                        "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Cathreys.......ahhhh???

Caffreys Irish Ale. That's what you looking for. Great pint of beer! Yea, its available in the states.
                          John
                          97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
                          02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
                          99 Bravada

Comment

I like corona now, but its always changing
                            93 t/a A4 3.23s
                            95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                            99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                            99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                            97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                            93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                            00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Everyday drinking = coors light or miller light

feelin' a lil high class = hacker pshorr with lemon

if i posted all beers that i liked, it would take waaaay too long....but the ones that jay posted are all some of my fav's as well
                              black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Working...
                              X