Headlights....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights....

Does anybody have any aftermarket headlights they could recommend to give me a brighter light? I have headlight blackouts on my car and I love the way they look, but they just dim the headlights too much. I was wondering if there are replacement bulbs that will brighten them up without having to buy whole new lenses and everything? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

There are High Output bulbs you can buy in just about any auto store, but I seriously doubt there's anything out there that could overcome the blackouts enough to make night driving truly safe. I'd suggest just taking them off at night.
    Joe K.
    '11 BMW 328i
    '10 Matrix S AWD
    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

tail lights

i was think about blacking my tail lights, i have never seen any done, besides on the internet. how much less light comes out because i still want ppl to see me when i have to stop. also is it street iegal, iam in South Carlonia.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

I don't think tail light blackout would be legal, just because I know the law requires the red lenses in the back. I know that in Texas, and where I am in Canada right now headlight blackouts are illegal. I just also know that the law really isn't enforced. I think about the only time a person would get dinged for it is if they got pulled over for something else and the officer wrote them up for that too, or if the officer just used the blackouts as an excuse to pull them over to check for other illegal activity. I would think that they would probably block out alot of light, if they are anything like mine. Mine would be ok if it wasn't for the lack of street lights on alot of the roads in my area. oh well. I think I might try some of the high output bulbs and see how they work.

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

I used to have blackouts on my headlights. Now, I've got the sucky 96 headlights, but all the same....it was very difficult to see on backroads. I used the brights and it wasn't too bad....In the end though, it really only takes a moment to take them off or put them on. I'd rather see where I was going.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Working...
          X