need some headlight help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some headlight help

i changed my headlight gears because they were stripped. now i plugged the motors back in have it all hooked up right and bolted in and i go to flick them on and nothing. the lights light up but there is no motor action? the swtich? what else could it be?
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

Hey, redbird94, why don't you check this new info in the Bret Franker's web page or send him a mail about your problem? He knows a lot about the headlight mechanism.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headl...ear%20failures

I quote:
    ..."4) The headlight just won't go up at all and it seems like the motor is shot. This could actually be a couple of things. The easiest thing and is actually quite common is that the headlight motor connector gets very corroded. There ends up being so much corrosion in there that 12v can no longer make it through the corrosion to the headlight motor and it just quits working. Unplug the connector near the headlight motor and check the connections. Normally it will be very easy for you to see this corrosion as the connector may even appear burned or slightly melted due to the heat caused by the high resistance just prior to it completely not working. This is an easy check and is free so look at this first if your light doesn't move at all.".....

Maybe the headlight control module located behind the driver side headlight(a black closed square with a huge harness connector attached to it) is shot.

Good luck
    Doc

ADD. You can send him a PM in the CamaroZ28 forum (he's an admin there), his nickname is Brent94Z because, trust me, his "regular" mail address has the inbox FULL most the time.
    http://web.camaross.com/forums/membe...oster&t=247715
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Working...
    X