Body work question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body work question

Can I put a newer front end on my '87? I was talking to a guy the other day about my car, I need to replace the bumper cover, airdam, and the headlight mounting bracket.. he said it would look alot better if I used the front end of a '90's camaro.

My question is can I do this? Will it all line up? Is it in fact different in a better way?

Also, does anyone know of a site where I can get custom body peices for my car? I've seen RS camaros running around with the ground effect's under the door that have a little loop on the backside which I think looks cool. I'm probably going to end up getting the high rise spoiler for the '90's model camaro.. does anyone know of another option? I'm wanting to order the parts asap, just wanted to run these questions by you guys first.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

If you are talking about a '90-'92, yes the front wrap is the same. '93 on...totally different. I can't see the subtle differences in the '90-'92 front wrap making any measurable difference in the appearance of your car. The ground effects that you are referring to are found on the '91-'92 Z28. The '91-'92 Z28 also had the box tail wing on the back. Look up the '91-'92 Z28 box tails on the web; they are pretty nice looking cars.
    '77 K5 rock-crawler project
    '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
    '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
    '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
    '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
    My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yeah, '93 is when they changed body styles and engines. I should have specified that I ment 90-92, now I feel stupid. Thanks for the info on the '92 ground effects.. that's exactly what I was looking for. The air damn and side panel ground effects look alot better on a '92 z28 and should bolt up just fine on mine. The spoiler on the '92 is the same one I was talking about.. this one site was just calling it a high rise spoiler, I can put that on my '87 I just have to fill the holes from where the stock on bolted on.

Thanks again.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Working...
      X