BMR questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMR questions

1) On the lower controls arms which is better, the poly/rubber or just poly for a daily driver in the summer and see's the track about once a month?
    2) Do the bolt on lower control arm relocation brackets fit the f-bod 10 bolt since it doesnt specify car makes it fits?
    3) Are their subframe connectors any good?
    1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
    1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Originally posted by scotts94_z28
    1) On the lower controls arms which is better, the poly/rubber or just poly for a daily driver in the summer and see's the track about once a month?
    Rubber dampens vibrations more than poly does. The poly end goes to the rear end, the rubber end goes to the chassis. The best of both worlds. Increaded rigidity and some sound dampening.

2) Do the bolt on lower control arm relocation brackets fit the f-bod 10 bolt since it doesnt specify car makes it fits?
    Yes

Yes they are.

Comment

I went with the poly/poly. I was surprised that it didn't get any louder. I was expecting it to. If you think it might bother you, get the poly/rubber. The rubber is a higher durometer (harder) than stock.
      Yes. On their web site, you have to pick a car first. That's what makes it specific to the car even though the description doesn't say it. I have them on mine and I love them.

I would also advise ordering the LCA mounting kit which comes with news bolts for the LCA. The relocation bracket goes around the bracket on the rear end which makes it wider. The bracket comes with 2 bolts that have to be used where the old bolt goes but the old bolt has to be used where the LCA connects to the bracket. Since the bracket is wider, the bolt is barely long enough. The bolt doesn't end up going all the way through the nut.
      The word overkill comes to mind when referring to the BMR boxed SFC.

FYI you have to tighten the snot out of the LCA to frame bolts when using the boxed SFC. The flanges are so thick they don't want to flex in to keep the LCA from rattling.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

i was actually going to go with the tubular SFC and LCA
        1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
        1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

Working...
        X