Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB: Ken...Your GTO where was it produced?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Ken...Your GTO where was it produced?

I ask you this rare question because if the GTO was produced in Australia, it will be not imported to Mexico. It's necessary an XX% of american parts/mexican parts in order to be able to be introduced to mexican auto market.

I hope the GTO will be mexi-can, instead mexi-can't

Thanks
    Doc
    97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Originally posted by dochidalgo
    I ask you this rare question because if the GTO was produced in Australia, it will be not imported to Mexico. It's necessary an XX% of american parts/mexican parts in order to be able to be introduced to mexican auto market.

Thanks
    Doc
    I believe they are all manufactured in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by JUICEDSS
      I believe they are all manufactured in Australia.
      Yep, made in Australia.
      Rob
      04 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Yep, made in Australia.
        and ya know Rob........ I like the way the Ausie's lay things out in there, from the tilt/telescoping wheel to the locations of the controls...

i visited austrailia in the late 60's on a surfing trip... those are some cool folks!

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
          and ya know Rob........ I like the way the Ausie's lay things out in there, from the tilt/telescoping wheel to the locations of the controls...

i visited austrailia in the late 60's on a surfing trip... those are some cool folks!
          Everything is easily in reach. Just wish they could have put door lock buttons on the console like the Commordores...
          Rob
          04 GTO

Comment

Originally posted by dochidalgo
            HAHAHA!!! Too much Desperado, eh???

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well Chris, my 97 Trans am has been devaluated a lot here in Mexico ( in fact, all the F body prices are down). So, I could modify valvetrain, gears....or....
              I would like to purchase another muscle car within my budget:
              GM: GTO.............discarded already
              Ford: Mustang Shelby Cobra....will be introduced around summer of this year
              Chrysler: Charger SRT-8.........will be introduced around fall of this year.

But first I have to be alive until then...
              Take care
              Doc
              97 A4 Pontiac Firebird Trans am with $everal mod$

Comment

Don't feel bad I believe the GTO is illegal in Canada , if what the Canuks say on the boards is true
                Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                pics and info

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Island Red
                  Don't feel bad I believe the GTO is illegal in Canada , if what the Canuks say on the boards is true
                  Wow, why would it be illegal?
                  2006 Saturn Ion Redline
                  2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Doc, your country does a lot of good things..........

i think this was a gm long shot..........

so far...its not doing bad, but the market is thinning.

im thankfull i got one of these pups...

but Robs right! where the heck are the door lock buttons........LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan34
                      Wow, why would it be illegal?
                      I read in GMHTP that the rear bumper was too high to meet federal crash test. So it cant be sold in Canada
                      97 SS #C007
                      Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
                      SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

Working...
                      X