Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tune up ?

how hard is it to tune up a 1997 camaro lt1 z28

just wondering do you think it would be better just to get a mechanic to do it

my uncle has a shop and owns a trucking buisness and has rebuilt an old old t-bird so he could probably do it but i dont want it to be just a huge pain in the rear end but i also have heard that it can cost up to a 1000 bucks to tune up our cars not sure wether that was the truth cuase that sounds a little outragous
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

if your going to take your car in for a tune up it is going to be pretty pricy. a buddy of mine who owns a automotive shop knew i was going to be changing my plug wires and wanted to charge me 350 bucks, if your planning on changing your plugs and wires, you'll need some patience and at least a full day devoted to you car.

Comment

Whatever you do don't take it to the dealer. They'll rape you.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

When my T/A was vandalized with sugar, I had to get some "tune up" stuff done by a professional shop...in order to get reimbursed by the insurance. Well, this is how much they charged including labor:
        Plugs and wires: $450
        Opti: $1100
        Those prices are absolutely outrageous considering you can do an opti yourself for $350-$400, and plugs + wires for $100. However, plan a full day because plugs and wires are a major PITA.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
        X