speeding tickets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speeding tickets

i got my first ticket. i was doin 70 in a 45...I am soo pissed. I had such a good record going and then i just blow it. How about you guys, how many tickets have you guys gotten?
    1998 v-6 Firebird, t-tops...
    mods: flowmaster exhaust, K&N air filter, 3.73 gears, cold air induction, whisper lid, ac delco rapidfire spark plugs- running with mobile 1 synthetic

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506859

3 in one month.
    1 75 in a 65
    1 78 in a 55 in a construction zone. which sucked %#%#^#$
    1 just cuz the cop was a !@#$ thought I was one of the local drug dealers.
    Hell I was just visiting my GF. that was 35 in a 25

First warning by moderators for inappropriate language.

Comment

Too many to count. I have been lucky as of the last couple of years, as I look older, but I am still dealing with tickets that are 4-5 years old. Ive had a fast car from the time I was 16. Ive always treated them with respect, because I built all of them, but a teenager behind the wheel of a loud, musclecar is an automatic ticket no matter what youre doing. Ive been pulled over for loud exhaust, obstructed view (airfreshener on the mirror), no frony plate (vanity plate on the Goat), doing 5-10 over the limit, etc. I hate do-nothing cops. Go chase the guy that just robbed a string of local suburban banks, killing a teller in the process.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

None show on my record.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

"0" here, and I've been driving about twice as long as many of the people on this board have been alive.....
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I've gotten 1 speeding ticket in my red 88 Iroc back in 1999.

It was in Wisconsin's most notorious speed-trap town Rosendale. The speed limit goes from 35 to 55 when you leave town. I began accelerating to 55 just before the 55 sign. He taged me with his radar just before I entered the 55 zone going 47 and gave me a ticket for it.

No warning, a ticket. On an otherwise clean record.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

It was in Wisconsin's most notorious speed-trap town Rosendale. The speed limit goes from 35 to 55 when you leave town. I began accelerating to 55 just before the 55 sign. He taged me with his radar just before I entered the 55 zone going 47 and gave me a ticket for it.

The story of my life............except for the clean record part
              96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
              11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

None on my record, but only 3 in my whole life, one that just got thrown out of court a couple of months ago because the stupid cop was trying to save face. Wrote me a ticket for an expired tag when it wasn't expired (go figure out how you can screw that one up).
                "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

One ticket driving the Blazer on an access road to a parking lot 7mph over the speed limit (22 in a 15)...stupid!!!

One photo radar ticket doing 65 in a 55 (no points just a fine).

One warning for turning on a red light in front of an officer (it was very late at night and I was out of my mind) really nice officer!

One warning for doing 100+ near Eagle, CO (The officer didn't drag me into jail because I always slowed to the posted speed limit when traffic approached.) I just about died when she gave me a warning and not the hand cuffs.
                  '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                  '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                  '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                  '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                  '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                  My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Almost got one a couple years ago. I had incorrectly entered my wheel diameter in my superchips programmer. I didn't know at the time, but my speedo was about 15% off!

So, I drive by the cop and he comes out, I pull the the right lane and he flashes me, so I pull over. He says, "I wasn't going to pull you over, but you didn't slow down when I came up behind you".

LOL!! I had been wondering why everyone on the highway was going slower than normal!!
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

...i dont get caught....::knocks on wood::
                      your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

Comment

I have two or three on my record... I've gotten way too many for my age (22) and regret every single one of them(of course). My advice to any young kid is to slow down cuase insurance is horrible with tickets.

I've only got one in the Trans Am.... 93 in a 55. I was in trouble with my parents, my insurance, and the county!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
                        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

None! I've got a good radar detector direct-wired into the car (so it powers up when I start the car and it's always on).
                          Darrin C
                          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

I got one like that on a road where the speed limit drops from 45 to 30 about 1/8th mile from this intersection. It was in Murphy, Texas, which is this little podunk town. Anyway, it was like 1 month after I got the Camaro. The cop was an a$$, but I was respectful to him. I got that ticket deferred. I got 1 when I was in HS, driving 30 through a school zone , didn't even see the sign flashing cause I was looking at the front of the school looking for the sister of a friend of mine that I was supposed to pick up. Got one other one for 45 in a 35, and another for 70 in a 60 on the highway. I lucked out on that last one cause I was in University at the time and was flat broke, soo...I had no insurance, and my inspection sticker was expired cause my muffler was falling apart. The officer was really cool, and apparently felt sorry for me so he just wrote me for the speed. So, I dodged about a $500 ticket there. Anyway, I haven't had one in the last 4 or 5 years, and I need to keep it that way cause I want to be a cop!

2000 Black Camaro w/3800 V6. Hotchkis STB, Whisper Lid, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust.

Comment

Going to court this morning for a $191 carless driving ticket.
                              Got one in San Diego for $271 for not stopping comepletly before turning right at a stop light. Followed immediatley by A noise ordinance ticked, then by failure to provide CA license, then failure to provide CA registration( I had both from NM). That all totaled over $500
                              Got one in AZ. for $185 dollars for going 87 in a 65.

I could probably keep going, I was pretty stupid when I was 18. I live in a pretty small town and A white camaro w/ red stripes sticks out.

Up until the carless driving tickek I was doing good though, it had been over 3.5 years since my last citation.
                              1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X