*N*F*B* - OH, wonderful rain!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *N*F*B* - OH, wonderful rain!

It is about to really pour here, and it is way overdue. I have not been able to get my car out of storage due to the fact the roads are covered in a white film of salt dust. Sure, the snow is all gone, sure it is warm out, but the roads are still filthy!

I'm afraid that salt dust will get on the car and then the next time it gets wet it will make it all rust.

Once it rains really well, the roads will al be clean and ready for the Z.

Let it pour.. Let it pour.. Let it pour.. Let it pour.. Let it pour!!!
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Good

Good, you are about 45 minutes west of me so I can't wait also. The roads are still covered in salt. You should see what salt does to bare aluminum holy cow hahahha

Let it POUR.

...Tim

Comment

75, sunny, and salt free here in chicago
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Sunny and 75 in Atlanta. The only salt here is on the fries.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Mid 60's in the moring, right around lunch its mid 70's. Its going to be a "HOT" one here in S. California this summer. Yet we still have snow in the mountains. CRaZy California Bring on the 100's!!!
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Washed mine today, drove it to Rochester NY this weekend and back. Drive up the sides were covered in salt. I got in around 1am and sprayed it off. I couldn't stand looking at it.
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, Blue Leather Interior
            Traded in: 1998 Z28
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotwhip9

Comment

a nice 80 with a a cool breeze here in S. Florida... nothing like crusing with the t-tops off
              1967 Camaro "Project"
              1972 Chevelle "454"
              1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

I don't know Trace - there was a lot of thunder and lightning, but no rain. I'm straight East on 94. I agree we need a couple GOOD rains to get this salt and dirt off the roads before I get my car out. Last piddly snowfall, they dumped everything they had on the roads - they are a mess.

Did you notice premium is $2.60???

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
                  I don't know Trace - there was a lot of thunder and lightning, but no rain. I'm straight East on 94. I agree we need a couple GOOD rains to get this salt and dirt off the roads before I get my car out. Last piddly snowfall, they dumped everything they had on the roads - they are a mess.

Did you notice premium is $2.60???
                  We got hammered today. Everything got rinsed clean, the initial drop had fitlhy black streams of water going down the curbs. I'm going to call the insurance company tomorrow and have the coverage put back on the car. Next time the roads are dry, I'm going to go unwrap it!

Premium is $2.60?!

It's a good thing I dont put many miles on it!
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:
                  SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
                  X