IHRA Nationals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHRA Nationals

This weekend is the IHRA NAtionals here in San Antonio. I've been at the San Antonio Raceway all day long today helping several friends get all of their rigs and trailers parked and checked in. I am part of the crew on my buddies "Top Dragster" class. Not top fuel but "top dragster". We picked up our wristbands, parked all the rigs and went walking around.

Got to meet Clay Milican and a few other Top Fuel guys. We were trying to find Doug Foley but he hadn't arrived yet. I haven't been to the nationals in 3 years and I was amazed at how things had changed in just those 3 years. Everything has got to be so much more commercialized. Tons more vendors and there were 3 "Official" IHRA souvenir trucks. Usually there is only 1.

The weather forecast looks really good for eliminations and finals on Saturday. This means the "thunderzone". This is when the air is dry, cool, and the barometric pressure is high. Overall just a good DA. Given this there are sure to be many records broken this year! The current IHRA record ET is 4.534. I have a feeling it is going to be smashed.

I'll be sure to get lots of pics. I will try to get some good video as well.
Working...
X