clean LT1 Intake manifold.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clean LT1 Intake manifold.

I just picked up my intake manifold from the performace shop. They hot tanked it for 2 days. It still looks grungy, but he said he wouldn't blast it because the media gets stuck inside the crevaces of LT1 intakes and there is no way to effectively get inside to clean it out. He warned me that I dont want that stuff to get inside my motor. I agreed. What else can I do to clean this mess up? I'm thinking some gumout and a clean rag might be my only last resort.

Ideas?
    Tracy

I use Auto Zone carb cleaner for everything but brake dust. Man that stuff is good. Do you have a store around you? They run it on sale for $1.00 a can a lot of times. I buy it by the case.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Eagle One etching aluminum mag wheel cleaner. The best stuff out there for rough, cast aluminum finishes. Spray it on, watch it bubble up and rinse.

Comment

Working...
      X