15's onT/A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15's onT/A

Anyone know if 15" Pro-stars will fit on the back of a 2000 T/A? Will they clear the brakes? And if they fit, what offset would be best?
    LOUD2000T/A
    '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

I'm pretty sure you will have problems with the brake calipers. On the 93-97 cars, you need to grind the fins off the corners of the calipers with the Weld Pro-Stars. I believe the back brakes on the LS1 cars are larger than those on the LT1 cars, so it might be even more of an interference problem.

As far as size and backspace, you want either a 15x8" wheel with 5.5" backspace; or a 15x10" wheel with 7.5" backspace. No one carries the 7.5" BS in their catalogs (e.g. - Summit, JEG's), but if you get the part number from Weld, they can order them for you. Unfortunatley, Weld recently upgraded a perfectly adequate website, and made the individual wheel models almost impossible to find, and when you do find them, they no longer have the size/backspace availability shown, nor the part #'s. Progress????

This is a 15x10 with 7.5" BS and a 28x10.5-15W ET Drag:

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      I'm pretty sure you will have problems with the brake calipers. On the 93-97 cars, you need to grind the fins off the corners of the calipers with the Weld Pro-Stars. I believe the back brakes on the LS1 cars are larger than those on the LT1 cars, so it might be even more of an interference problem.

As far as size and backspace, you want either a 15x8" wheel with 5.5" backspace; or a 15x10" wheel with 7.5" backspace. No one carries the 7.5" BS in their catalogs (e.g. - Summit, JEG's), but if you get the part number from Weld, they can order them for you. Unfortunatley, Weld recently upgraded a perfectly adequate website, and made the individual wheel models almost impossible to find, and when you do find them, they no longer have the size/backspace availability shown, nor the part #'s. Progress????
      Thanks man. I'm trying to decide on a pair of wheels to put drag radials on and I thought that would look pretty good, but i guess i'll just try to find a used pair of 16's or 17's on ebay or something. BTW, where in jersey are you from and do you ever run down at Englishtown?
      LOUD2000T/A
      '00 Trans Am M6, K&N filter, Airbox Lid, F.A.S.T. LS-X Intake, Stainlessworks offroad y-pipe, Loudmouth catback, Pro 5.0 shifter, Hypertech programming, 17" Torque Thrust II wheels, 12.97@113; '87 Monte Carlo SS; '91 Sonoma V6 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by LOUD2000T/A
        Thanks man. I'm trying to decide on a pair of wheels to put drag radials on and I thought that would look pretty good, but i guess i'll just try to find a used pair of 16's or 17's on ebay or something. BTW, where in jersey are you from and do you ever run down at Englishtown?
        I'm in East Brunswick, about 7 miles from E'town. I haven't raced there since SLP Day in 2003. I don't think my car will pass the muffler/noise requirements any more.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X