Bose CD player, 1995

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose CD player, 1995

I heard it was a common thing for the cd players in the camaros to stop working. I have the ac delco bose cd player and my cd player doesn't work just the radio. I have a question, however, before i junk it and just get a new one. how many connectors should be plugged in the back. there are 3 connector spots, one for the antenna, one on the receiver box and then one on the cd player. the thing is, i only have two plugs to put in the connectors, the antenna and the one for the receiver box. am i supposed to have a third? i looked all in the dash and i can't find it... was it a waste of time? are there only 2 connectors or am i missing one.

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean it doesn't work at all or it just skips.

4 years ago when I bought my car the CD player skipped real bad. I put in a CD cleaner disc and it has worked ever since.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

If you take the radio apart a little you will see that he CD portion removes as a module.

you can send the module out to be rebuilt, cost is about $60.00.

I had mine rebuilt by a shop in Florida. It works great now. I can't remember the name of the place, but I do remember I found them on the internet. Some places want a lot of money, and others are more affordable. Shop around a bit.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

doesnt work at all, wont read any cds. im just making sure a wire didn't come unplugged or anything but it seems like there are only two connectors, the main connector and the antenna connector. I dont really want to get it rebuilt, i want to get a cd player with auxilary in but i mean if i just had a connector that was unplugged and still had a functional cd player, i would have just done that

Comment

Originally posted by darkz711
          doesnt work at all, wont read any cds. im just making sure a wire didn't come unplugged or anything but it seems like there are only two connectors, the main connector and the antenna connector. I dont really want to get it rebuilt, i want to get a cd player with auxilary in but i mean if i just had a connector that was unplugged and still had a functional cd player, i would have just done that

that other slot for a plug that you dont have is for the factory CD changer
          2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
          1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
          past rides:
          1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
          2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
          1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
          2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
          2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
          1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
          1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
          1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Originally posted by azkkn
            that other slot for a plug that you dont have is for the factory CD changer

thanks thats all i wanted to know

Comment

Working...
            X