• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL Skyline Drive Cruise Update

Ok here is the deal for this year.

ITs the weekend of June 10th,11th,12th.

First The date:
    Its the 2nd Weekend in June (thats June 10th,11th and 12th) it will ALWAYS BE THE SECOND WEEKEND IN JUNE. REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE PHYSICAL DAY IS.

Second Hotel:
    Its the Super 8 and is the Official Hotel for this year and I will change the hotel for next year. So if you want to stay at a different hotel please do, and I will get a different hotel for next year.

The hotel is:
    Super 8
    111 South Street
    Front Royal, VA, 22630 US
    540-636-4888

Third THe route:
    RIght now this is a tentative route but might be pretty fun.

We meet at the Super K like always, take 581 South down the EAST side of Skyline Drive take Rt211 West up the mountain and down the otherside, to RT 340 South to the Entrance below Big Meadows, and cruise NORTH on the drive to Skyland for Lunch. So we will meet at Skyland for Lunch at 12noon but give eveyone the option to stop at their leisure to take pictures....Once I map the actual route I will confirm this, BUT this should be a nice drive and a good cruise.

Questions and concerns please post Here. I have taken down the skylinedrivecruise.com website for the time being due to someone using my page to promote their cruise.

Thanks. Please come say hello and introduce yourself. Hope to see you there.

yall come on......... this was the cruise i started in 1997 and retired from in 2003
    and asked Doug to take it over for us...........

animal rescue was just too much....

didnt make it there last year..

but this year.... looks like theres a new wolfmanride to bring...

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm there. You can count on it.
      Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Thats a beautiful drive. Well worth the 6 hour trip for me. I did some camping there last summer.....I wish I could drive it in the bird, but the new baby puts a damper on those kinds of trips now....
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Man, I wish I still had my t/a. I've always wanted to ride with you guys. Guess I could bring the mini!

97 ws6 6sp 40k miles 355 cubes strange s 60 rear 373 gears. other stuff! 360rwhp

current
          2006 GMC Denali 6.0 AWD!!!! hers

Comment

Hummm... I may be able to catch up with you guys on June 11th this year. I'll have to check my calender! This is always a great event!
            1999 Black TA Ram Air M6 with lots of Mods and many coats of Zaino!
            http://community.webshots.com/user/runbikejrb1

Comment

How involved is the cruise. I think I could get to VA in my TA, but I don't know how well she would take a mountain trek.
              1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
              "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Ill be there, only a 5 hour drive from my location.
                1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by thomas
                  Man, I wish I still had my t/a. I've always wanted to ride with you guys. Guess I could bring the mini!
                  Bring the Mini and come on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
                    How involved is the cruise. I think I could get to VA in my TA, but I don't know how well she would take a mountain trek.
                    We are not climbing the rocky mountains! Your car should be fine. Its really not about the cars (Although they do bring us together) its really about meeting new friends and renewing old friendships....and of course the teasing and dogging that goes on....but hey thats what friends do!

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                      Thats a beautiful drive. Well worth the 6 hour trip for me. I did some camping there last summer.....I wish I could drive it in the bird, but the new baby puts a damper on those kinds of trips now....
                      We have someone that brings his Firehawk and minvan with kids. I encourage people to bring their spouses to show them its not just about cars. Congrats on the new baby.....but wanted you to know never the less.

Comment

spent a week up at big meadows lodge last time. Really relaxing and enjoyable.. and the road early in the am, all to yourself is not bad either
                        Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                        Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                        pics and info

Comment

mary and i have been going up there twice a year since.............i cant remember

and of course, the first skyline run, 1997.......

we have seen a lot of neat stuff up there for sure...
                          deer, bears, horses wearing cow blankets, the time the male deer charged us snorting , racoons, doug, you name it.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Exactly Ken.....the scenery is breathtaking and it really makes you appreciate just how beautiful this country really is......

Comment

I can't wait, Ill be there.
                              1993 TA SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X