Info needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info needed

I have a 94 Z28 with 166,000 miles on it . I run it a the track. Mostly stock besides Dynomax muffler and a k n airfilter. I am running 14.4's does that fit right.
    Also I am getting ready to install roller rockers and roller valve liftsers .
    Should i rebuild it first or what. Need some info. I want to sell this car soon.
    I just need input .
    I would really like to have an SS or a t/a t56's turbo or supercharged looking to spend anywhere from 4,000-6,000 on it . After this car is sold

Couple suggestions...

First, if you want to have fun with the car before you part with it, I would get rid of the crappy stock intake system because it's extremely restrictive, even with a k&n filter. Get a K&N, Moroso, or SLP cold air kit. If you get the RRs, especially with increased lift, I would highly suggest the CAI first.
    Also, what kind of MPH are you running? 14.4 is a bit on the low side, but it could be a result of the launch, altitude, etc.

If you are serious on selling it, and it still runs OK, I wouldn't bother to rebuild or upgrade. The upgrades will not increase the value of the car. The rebuild is only necessary if the motor is burning plenty of oil, or there is something going sour.
    Just my $0.02.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Thanks

Ya at the track it did 14.3 @ 97.71 60 foot what a 2.161 and my reaction time what at .399 .
      I just really want o get rid of it . My friends tell me to keep it but I don't want to I am looking for something newer and faster
      . So

Comment

Well, if you're that eager to get rid of it, then by all means, it's not worth it to mod.
        If you have any thought on your mind of keeping it, then, you can make it very quick, but it will cost $$$. After a rebuild, you could get a Lloyd Elliot head and cam package (even the lowest price/stage) and have close to 400 RWHP, or 460+ flywheel horsepower. That's even with a very mild cam and stock valves. But then, you'd need suspension work to hold the power down, which costs more $$$. However, in the end, Lloyd himself ran an 11.6@116 with only his LE1 package, suspension and a perfect tune.
        So, it's just a matter of time, money, and preference on which way you want to go for a faster car.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Ya I need to sell it

Ya i really want to sell it . But my friends say no and to add more stuff to it. I want a supercharger after june . But who buys can have it. But if not by then I will keep it . Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
          X