easiest way to clean wheals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easiest way to clean wheals?

Hey I have a 96 T/A. I was wondering what the easiest way to clean my wheals would be. They have brake dust stains in the corners. I have even used a pressure washer and it still did not come out. I know that the wheals are what makes the car look its best and I want mine to look its best. Any ideas?

I use a good metal polish and some elbow grease to remove brake dust stains. You can get it at any parts store.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

That's good way to remove the clearcoat on the stock wheels.

The easiest way is not the best way.

What I do once a year, when I rotate tires, is to take the wheels off one side and clean them with orange hand cleaner. It takes all the crap off inside the wheel that you can't get to when they are on the car. Use an old toothbrush. Then I put some wax on the wheels to protect the finish.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Well, I dont think I've ever taken any clear coat off with the stuff I've used (can't remember the name, but I will look on my next trip out to the garage). I've never used it on my bird, because I dont let the brake dust build up, but I have used it on my wife's GP. Pretty much the same wheels though, just smaller. I will let you know when I look out in the garage. If you just test it out on a small area, to make sure, you should be good to go. Thanks though Ranger Bob.
        96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
        11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
        X