electrical problem maybe???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical problem maybe???

The problem is when I try to start the car nothing happens. I thought it was the ignition switch. But i figured out it has something to do with the gear slector. With the car in park and me turning the key to start nothing happens but if I wiggle the gear slector while in "P" at the same time it starts. Any ideas
    96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

sounds like your neutral saftey switch is out of alignment, or your switch is bad
    2000 WS6 T/A M6. Monster stage 3 clutch, flowmaster cat back, 4.10's, SLP lid, Hurst shifter.
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed STOCK DD
    past rides:
    1996 Mustang GTS bright tangerine orange
    2003 Mach 1 azure blue drag car (10.90@118 record holder for fastest N/A mach)
    1969 Mach 1 house of colors candy apple red393 stroker 100 shot (10.829@125 in street trim)
    2003 Mach 1 Torched red FRPP aluminator/vortech 666RWHP
    2008 Mustang GT JDM stroker long block, Saleen 2.3 twin screw
    1980 Mustang L 13.7: 418 stroker
    1994 Z28 A4 rebuilt from wreck
    1994 Z28 A4 totaled

Comment

Do you know where it is ??? Thanks
      96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

Here you go.

Transmission Position Switch

Richard Harvey Jr.
        '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Can you adjust this? If so how? or must you buy a new one. Thanks again

Comment

not positive but it should be these two screws loosen them and slide it forward or back, untill to works correctly.

EDIT

Here is the procedures from all-data

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect battery ground cable.
            2. Remove floor console, then disconnect electrical connectors from switch.
            3. Place shift lever in Neutral position of detent plate, then remove switch attaching screws and switch
            INSTALLATION

1. Ensure the shift lever is in Neutral, then position switch on shift lever making sure pin on shaft is in slot of switch.
            2. If reinstalling existing switch, rotate switch to align service adjustment hole with carrier tang hole. Insert a 3/32 inch gauge pin and rotate switch until pin drops in to a depth of 19/32 inch. Torque switch attaching nut to 18 inch lbs., then remove gauge pin.
            3. If installing a new switch, torque attaching nuts to 18 inch lbs., then move shift lever out of Neutral to shear pin which is part of new switch.
            Reconnect electrical connectors to switch, then apply parking brake and start engine. Check back-up lights and seat belt warning system for proper operation and ensure engine will start only in Park or Neutral.
            4. Turn ignition off and install floor console.

Richard Harvey Jr.
            '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

Awesome. I really appreciate this..

Comment

Working...
              X