NFB People amaze me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB People amaze me

So I go to my local pet store this evening to pick up some bird food for my cockatiels, and a yellow ZR-1 pulls up and parks a couple lanes down from me. It must of been a '94 - '95. It looked sharp, real clean with ZR-1 rims.

Anyway, as I'm walking towards the store he and his daughter get out their car. Judging by his looks he must of been in his mid 30's - early 40's. I approach him and said "Very nice! I love the LT5 motors, my brother used to have one." He said "No, it's a ZR-1." I said, "I know, it's got the LT5." He said "The LT what?" I said "Nevermind...", as I walked away.

I swear to god some people just amaze me sometimes..
    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Aghhhh, damn he doesn't deserve that car.
    Richard Harvey Jr.
    '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

I betcha he doesn't know what Zaino is either!

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
      '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
      Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

Wondering if he could say Cheby!!!
        Black 98 Z/28 (Taz),Lid,FRA mod, STB,SLP LoudMouth catback .

Comment

That's pathetic. I think some people have so much money, that they just buy fancy "toys" rather than knowing/appreciating any intrinsic value of it....I wonder if this was the case.

At least though he didn't BS you and say it has 600 horsepower or something. Now those people, to me, are even worse!
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I hear ya. Some people are just about the status and know nothing about cars or how to drive them.

There's a small town restaurant near my house. When I had my 94Z I would stop in there with my wife and have grab a quick bite. The lady that owned the place drove an LT1 Bird. One day I asked her "Is that your purple bird out there?" She said "Yea, its fast". I said "I know, I have the same thing but Camaro style". She goes on to say "Well, MINE has the Corvette engine in it". I left speechless as I wasn't going to even try to explain my forged bottom end 355, blown, intercooled and juiced car to her.
            LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
              I hear ya. Some people are just about the status and know nothing about cars or how to drive them.

There's a small town restaurant near my house. When I had my 94Z I would stop in there with my wife and have grab a quick bite. The lady that owned the place drove an LT1 Bird. One day I asked her "Is that your purple bird out there?" She said "Yea, its fast". I said "I know, I have the same thing but Camaro style". She goes on to say "Well, MINE has the Corvette engine in it". I left speechless as I wasn't going to even try to explain my forged bottom end 355, blown, intercooled and juiced car to her.
              lmao! i didnt see that last part coming, u should have purged as u rolled by the front lol
              1967 Camaro "Project"
              1972 Chevelle "454"
              1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

Originally posted by RocKin1967
                lmao! i didnt see that last part coming, u should have purged as u rolled by the front lol
                She would have just thought there was something wrong with my car.
                LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

I can see it now, she would have said. "I have the Corvette engine in mine and yours is leaking something". LOL
                  95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Also, the best is when you see F-bods for sale on autotrader like:

"1997 Firebird Trans Am 350 LT1 Engine with spoiler and ground effects."

Well no sh$@!
                    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Taso
                      Also, the best is when you see F-bods for sale on autotrader like:

"1997 Firebird Trans Am 350 LT1 Engine with spoiler and ground effects."

Well no sh$@!
                      Or like an add saying the car has power steering and power brakes. Does any automobile manufacturer make a car without power steering and power brakes? What's the last car made that didn't have them? A 79 Chevette or Pinto?
                      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

thats ok... when i was checking out the gto at the dealer right before i bought it... a salesman i didnt know (newbie) walked up to me ans said "these are real fast"... i said "i know, and the dern well should be with that LS2 in there"... the guy said "thats not an LS2, thats the new corvette motor..........."

i educated him real quick... the gen. manager walked up to him, smiled ...and said "i hope you took some notes".......... LOL

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                          ... a salesman i didnt know (newbie) walked up to me ans said "these are real fast"... i said "i know, and the dern well should be with that LS2 in there"... the guy said "thats not an LS2, thats the new corvette motor..........."
                          Exactly why I hate even going to a car lot. Unless it is something that I really want to drive, I just go when they are closed just so I can walk the lot without meeting just such a tech head.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                            the guy said "thats not an LS2, thats the new corvette motor..........."
                            That's sad. Don't these people go through at least some basic education about the products they're trying to sell? I guess most people looking for cars know even less so they can get away with it most of the time.

I really hate high pressure salesman... they're like sharks that attack as soon as you've set foot outside the car. My wife and I were shopping for a used SUV or minivan when we saw a really nice '04 Quest on a Nissan lot. I told my wife it would likely be out of our price range so when the salesman came around (He was actually circling before we even brought the car to a stop) we asked how much they were asking (the price wasn't on the car anywhere, something else I hate) but he wouldn't tell us. He kept saying we should test drive it while another salesman looked up the price. I told him I thought it would be out of our price range (even gave him an estimate of what we were looking to spend) and that there was no reason to drive it if we couldn't afford it. We eventually ended up driving it and they had someone appriase our trade-in and of course we had to go back to his little cubicle to negotiate all the while still not knowing the asking price. I was getting really pi$$ed at this point... then he brings out the worksheet with our trade in value and the price of the van, etc... It was $10k over what I told him our price range was!! I about blew up on him. He wasted all this time (both ours and his) when if he had just told us the asking price in the first place we could've saved an hour. We told him in no uncertain terms we couldn't afford it, then left. In the month following the test drive we received no less than 4 letters from the salesman asking us to come back in and they could "see what they could do" to get us in this van. I was at the point where I was about to write back threatening them with harrasment if they didn't leave us alone! I'll never be going back to that delaership again.

I don't mind if a salesman comes up and asks if he can help, but if I say no that should be it. Tell me where I can find you if I need you, then make yourself scarce and let me look in peace. And for God's sake, don't send me a letter a week for a month begging me to come back in!
                            Dave M
                            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

The Jeep sales person had no clue that the 05s got a 6-spd instead of 5. She was looking for vehicles and would tell me its a 5-speed, making me think it was a leftover 04. Her "no its an 05", me "well its a 6 speed then, right", her "I guess so...".

Off-Road package
                              The package shown in these photos is advertised in the "build your vehicle" tool at Jeep.com. My assumption is that they are dealer installed accesory packages similar to Ken's ground effects and exhaust. Multiple dealers knew nothing about them, even though they have prices and appear to be oderable. My dealership didn't know if the price was installed or not. To this day, myself and others (who had similar experiences around the US) can't get a PN for the bumper shown. Retail prices of the other pieces, without the front bumper, are equal to the "package price". Which one would assume is installed, but the dealerships aren't really sure. Finally I asked if the sales staff ever goes and uses the "build a vehicle" web tool to see how customers use it. Not.

Just doesn't seem that hard to know the product your trying to sell.

Hmm.
                              1994 Z28, 6 spd, LE2 Heads, GM 1.6 RR, .026" head gasket, SLP: CAI-Headers (CARB legal)-ypipe-2 on the left-lightweight flywheel-short throw, Random tech cat, CF dual friction, LT-4 KM.

Comment

Working...
                              X