Air tube removal when i do header install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air tube removal when i do header install

The ones i got have the hookups but im thinking i wana just block them off, assuming the car is going to throw lots of codes if i do that. Thats something i can just re program with like a predator right ??
    -Nick-
    95 A4 Z28

I have a 95 Z28 and put headers on and left the tubes blocked off. Took out the air pump and have to date no codes.
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

I havent put headers yet, but i have removed the air pump and plumbing. No codes, Injuneer had a pretty extensive post on this topic i just cant find it now, do a search and see what you can find. But with a 95 you shouldnt get a code, you just need to keep a good fuse in the circuit.
      95 Trans Am, K&N CAI, LT4 knock module, Flowmaster exhuast, Grant GT steering wheel, Sony head unit w/sub, Autometer Gauges

Comment

Correct.... 93-95 the only diagnostic for the AIR system is a check on the power supply to the relay. As long as the system has a good fuse in it, you should not get a code. In 96 they added a flow detection system.

Are you also thinking about deleting the EGR riser tube, from #8 primary to the back of the intake? That might set a code. The EGR diagnostic for OBD-I is not very sensitive, and 90% of the time you don't get a code/SES for missing EGR. But it is possible and does happen in 10% of the cases. In that event, it would have to be prorgrammed out of the PCM.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

If you remove the air, don't toss the adapters that go into the headers. I could use a set. I bought some plumb fittings from the store, but they don't line up perfect. The ones from my 97 were too small!
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

So if i have that rear part blocked off on the header, should i have it blocked off at the end of the tube that goes into the intake as well ?? or can it just sit there and be useless like the rest of my egr system. ( my pump just sorta takes the cold air from the intake and sends it to the cooling fans )
            -Nick-
            95 A4 Z28

Comment

You need to block off the port on the back of the intake as well as the header if you delete the EGR.

Comment

Working...
              X