coil over springs.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil over springs.....

Has anyone tried out these new "coil-over" springs? if so do they work/do you think they will work? They look very appealing and I was wondering if this is a good product or not. http://www.lmperformance.com/2750/13.html
    Thanks, Nick
    1999 camaro v6 bright red with pacesetter headers, custom fab catback, high flow cat, ram air intake, corbeau racing seats and 5-point harnesses, b&m short shifter, 10" wide rubber, kenny brown subframe connectors, koni single adjustable shocks, eibach pro kit springs(1.25" drop), spohn front and rear sway bars, BMR adjustable panhard rod, spohn low control arms

Nick, They look great but they're kind of expensive . . . . have you considered air shocks?
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Spohn Performance now sells a coil over kit for the rear of the 3rd and 4th Gen cars. It costs a little more than the Ground Control, but instead of having sleeves that fit over your existing shocks, it includes QA1/HAL single or double adjustable shocks with the height threads machined into the body of the shock.

Spohn's kit also includes a reinforcement pad for the upper shock/spring mount. It is my understanding that the add-on kits, without the reinforcing pad have been known to punch a hole right throught the body sheet metal at the shock mount. That area is not designed to handle the spring load, only the shock loading.

http://www.spohn.net/productimages/736_1_big.jpg
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X