Mabe a cracked block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mabe a cracked block

well hey guys i think i may have a cracked block...i know....im sad but i have a 350 that i was turning into a stroker right and my dads car broke down so being the good son that i am let him barrow the car well he was on the high way and ran it till it got hot...i had a bad thermostat...i got it back and drove to school..on my way back home a new impala decided he wanted to race so being the 16 year old that i am decided to race him well i was doing good...didnt expect to beat him this bad i pulled off the start no problem right went into second then over drive cuz the race was a lost cause which makes me feel good but then all of a sudden it wouldnt shift rightand yeah i got beat....came home noticed it was hot waited for it to cool down pulled around back poped up the hood looked intothe radiator well no water mabe my thermo finnaly started to open correctly..so i was like good...started to put water in it man its takin alot of water then all of a sudden...brown i was like noooo...sure enough water in the oil well ive rebuilt the engine since then and today i wanted to start it up its been sittin awhile and i cleaned everything with desiel as i was puttin it back together..2 new oil changes...hasnt been drove since therebuild..checked the oil..found water in it so yeah...but no water in the raidator so it mayjust be moisture from sitting idk but if its a cracked block i think im just going to give up on this project..its been nothing but dissapointment after dissapointment o yeah and we thought my dad broke a headgasket when we rebuilt it we checked to see if we cracked the block..o yeah and the idiots taht had it before me use silicone on everything...all gaskets all of them
    your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

I'm speechless.

Comment

ok i think i understood wut i just read but... man that blows i feel you my lil 350 in my camaro took a dive out of nowhere after about 185,000, hope u find some deal, later.
      1967 Camaro "Project"
      1972 Chevelle "454"
      1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

i decided to put off the project and get a new car...ill come back to it when i have the money...12 miles to the gallon was nasty ne ways
        your racing 16 year old Camaro Berlinetta Digital Camaro 202 heads 4 barrel and soon to be headers with 4 inch running back

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
          I'm speechless.
          Yea, try teaching some of these kids about how to diagnose driveability problems on a modern automobile........ You'll have new appreciation for my job!
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
          X