Going to do plugs and wires...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to do plugs and wires...

Gonna try to get the plugs and wires replaced next weekend. I've heard horror stories about replacing plugs on the LS1, and last time I had a dealer do it. But, I'm a poor grad student, so I'm gonna tackle it myself.

Any advice or plugs I should expect trouble with?
    '99 T/A WS6 w/ Borla cat-back, K&N, SLP SFC, SLP STB, BMR boxed LCA's, BMR Adj. torque arm, BMR panhard rod, BMR springs, and Short Stick
    (a list I know, but if I don't put it here, I'll never write it down anywhere else)

I cant imagine it being any harder than doing the LT1. I want new plug wires and I am going to pay someone to do it. Plugs are much easier than the wires on LT1 cause they run down the side and are bolted down in places. Also they run through tight nooks and crannys. Thanks GM.
    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Plugs, Spark - One - Replace
      OPERATION NUMBER: J4226
      Coverage Code: Emission E
      Engine Code K LABOR TIME: 0.3
      Engine Codes G and P LABOR TIME: 0.5
      Diagnosis Time: You may claim up to the allowable labor hours depending on actual time performing diagnosis. ADD: 0.0-0.4
      To Replace Each Additional Plug - Engine Code K ADD: 0.1
      To Replace Each Additional Plug - Engine Codes G and P ADD: 0.2

Thats From GM Dealer World. It takes time, Couple hours if you do it yourself. Yours looking at around 2-5 hours.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

hey i have a 94 v6 camaro and i believe the plugs and wires have never been replaced....beings the car is gonna be 12 years old do u guys think that it would be a good idea to replace them. Thanks

Comment

How many miles is on this 94 V6 camaro.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

High miles or not, those plugs need to come out of that 94. Replace them.
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

107k....are there any signs that tell u they need to be replaced?

Comment

Working...
              X