Spec clutch Probs..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec clutch Probs..

Well I ended up getting the SPEC stg2 clutch for my 95 m6 Z28 and ofcourse as I was told it is shaking. I don't experience it when I am driving on the highway too much, but it is horrible trying to take off. I hate driving the car because of it. I e-mailed SPEC and they told me the flywheel must not have been resurfaced flat. It sounds right because you can feel it not tracking flat on the flywheel, but I am not sure if I take it back out and have the flywheel redone with a fine tooth comb it will fix it. What do you guys think..
    Zach Elwell hinse Sacius or Sac for the smart asses!

Custom CAI, Descreened MAS, Throttle body bypass, Hooker exhaust with no cat, SPEC stg 2 clutch, SPEC billet flywheel, LS1 driveshaft, Eibach sportline springs, Comp Cams 1.6 roller rockers, MSD coil, JET stg 2 chip, Short throw shifter, and plenty more to come!

Mine is a stage 3, it took about 2-3 weeks to get used to it and be able to take off smoothly. Now its the greatest thing since sliced bread and popcorn.
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

Sounds like improperly resurfaced flywheel if you dont think its normal chatter from a new clutch install.
      Could also be a damaged disk (damaged when sticking the tranny in and not having it straight thereby beding the disk).
      Could also be pressure plate not torqued down, I once had a stang clutch put in and the tech did not torque the bolts, they were actually loose.
      Good luck
      1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
      Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
      Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

I had a similar experience with the Spec Stage 2 clutch. Check out this thread.
        http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9174
        My disc was bad.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
        X