whats tire pressure to run on 315/35/17's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats tire pressure to run on 315/35/17's

i received the tires & wheels with 38 psi..
    whats the best psi for tration on the street and strip...
    thanks,
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

I've found that 30-32psi works best with the 315 BFG Drag Radials for street driving. Anything less than that and you can really feel the tires "track" severely over ruts in the pavement. And, with that pressure, the two black stripes that it lays down are full width and uniform.....
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

38 PSI whoooooa! thats a bit too much! I'd run them about 29 PSI. in the rear. I leave the fronts a bit more for less rolling resistance. I assume this is for an F-body.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

what fred said on the 315's.

pump the tires in front to max pressure for the strip. but bring them down to o.e. (as per the door sticker) after they cool off before you drive home.

for street, run the o.e. pressure.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Thanks guys.....
          Wolfman.....that GoaT is plain sick............
          but to tell you the truth....i loved that CompTA you had...
          that was a beautiful Trans Am.....
          eddie
          1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

As far as the track goes, you'll really need to just try it out. I'd start at about 20, and vary 2-3 PSI in either direction to see how it hooks up/slips. I run my Sumitomo 315's at 20 PSI with just enough burnout to get them smoking good, and it hooks like drag radials.
            "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
            X